**This role is required FLUENT level of JAPANESE
As Senior Business Development Manager – Partner Programs you will be part of an exciting and new project in Agoda. Your key objective will be to cooperate, guide and drive our skilled Partner Services teams in the markets.
You are the link between the central team in Bangkok and your local market for the respective project. You will create and lead local BD initiatives, train and inspire teams of Market Managers to engage accommodation providers to ensure that Agoda’s customers have the best selection and lowest prices. You will lead by example in the field and meet accommodation partners yourself to get first-hand feedback and maximize conversion.
You will create and manage operational processes to assist partners that are interested to join our programs, provide guidance in order to maximize the commercial performance.
You will bring superior business development skills, solid analytical skills, strong account and partner management experience, a successful record of sustainable performance and the capacity to develop and manage new deals with partners.
The work is very dynamic, and projects are subject to frequent changes, therefore suitable candidates are people who are flexible, keen to improve the way we work and excited to learn new things.
- Prepare and present concepts and business proposals to accommodation providers to support them in making a decision to join the new programs
- Work closely with country management and central project team in the Bangkok head office to establish and implement strategies for the market
- Explore and provide feedback which would stimulate additional buy-ins from the partners to participating in the new Programs
- Oversee and evaluate the effectiveness of the project success for participating suppliers
- Provide central project team with the regular updates and portfolio analysis
- Responsible for managing the project through the internal tools
- Join and conduct weekly meetings where updates are shared with the rest of the market management team
- Conduct daily monitoring activities to maximize our programs business potential. Monitor project performance and share on regular basis with the central team
- Identify and recommend future opportunities to enhance program performance in the market to stay in line with company strategy.
- In cooperation with the central project team develop new initiatives within the programs
- Together with the account managers, develop and maintain strong relationships with key decision makers within the accommodation suppliers
- Develop and own operational processes to ensure greater efficiencies
- Conduct the training to market management team to update product knowledge/ process and to drive sales
- Assist and clarify points in the program contracts
- Proven track record in managing medium scale to large BD related projects, ideally in a global organization or travel company
- Strong numerical & analytical skill and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to successfully communicate proposals to potential partners
- Adapts well to and is energized by change
- Good understanding of the hotel industry is a plus
- Strong partner management skills – past success in influencing both internal & external customers
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to create strong relationships with suppliers
- Excellent commercial judgement
- Proven leadership skills, team leader and team player
- Anticipate & proactively manage potential partners’ requests
- Fluent in Japanese & English language (verbal & written) required and other languages would be desirable
- Willingness to travel as the business needs
Agoda is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status and other legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with Agoda applicants privacy statement (https://careersatagoda.com/privacy-statement/).
#seoul #taiwan #kualalumpur #hongkong #singapore #tokyo #2 #PS #BD #PM #LI-MT1