Agoda is one of the world’s fastest growing online travel booking platforms. From its beginnings as an e-commerce start-up based in Singapore in 2005, Agoda has grown to offer a global network of 2 million properties in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide. It provides travelers with easy access to a wide choice of luxury and budget hotels, apartments, homes, and villas to suit all budgets and travel occasions.
Headquartered in Singapore, Agoda is part of Booking Holdings (Nasdaq: BKNG) and employs more than 4,000 staff in more than 30 countries. Agoda.com and the Agoda mobile app are available in 38 languages.
In every department – from engineering to customer experience – Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter than almost anyone out there.
Agoda has a network of over 1 million accommodation options worldwide. Our web and mobile products provide a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers. Agoda employs over 4,000 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe. In every department – from engineering to customer experience – we provide an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter. At Agoda, we believe our people are our strength. We work hard and have fun, and we choose people who are dedicated to making things great.
Agoda’s Customer Experience Group (CEG) is a 1,300+ strong organization spread globally across 9 countries in 4 continents. As CEG continues to grow, we realize the need for stronger operational expertise in order to gain operational efficiencies and deliver top-quality customer care.
This role requires a high level of personal and professional skills associated with running 24/7 operations in a fast-paced customer service environment. The ideal candidate will bring a vision, a sense of curiosity, a passion for travel, strong interpersonal skills, keen analytical skills, a tech-centric mindset and a willingness to lead by example. The ability to “tell a story,” analyze and visualize data, drive efficiency is a job requirement. The candidate should also be versed in some of the latest contact-center infrastructure technologies.
This role is responsible for the Accommodation Services operational development and delivery and is leading operational efficiency of the Accommodation Services Operational teams. This individual will bring a strong project management and analytical acumen, and a high level of operational savvy. Driven personality, strong leadership, disciplined work habits, and attention to details will be the key to the role.
The Associate Director of Accommodation Services Team is responsible for creating and implementing strategies, plans, policies, and a structure that will create and maintain an Accommodation Services organization whose objectives include a high level of customer satisfaction (both internal & external), loyalty, and retention. The Associate Director of Accommodation Services Team will foster a culture of continuous improvement through consistent application of data analysis, root cause identification, implementation of corrective action, and measurement and monitoring of performance.
Responsibilities of the role
- Leading operations team globally to achieve set objectives: Lead and mentor teams both in Bangkok and in CEG site offices globally to achieve KPIs and deliver on SLAs
- Project Manage new key initiatives in areas of Customer Service Operations and Analysis; Increase operational efficiency, working closely with the Project Management team
- Works directly with the senior leadership of the Customer Experience Group to identify, report, and address needs for operational excellency
- Manages staffing needs and ensure correct ratios of team to operations are maintained to provide appropriate support to both accommodation partners and internal customers
- Ensures constant calibration of Regional Managers and other stakeholders at regular intervals
- Defining and designing action plans for operational improvements together with management team
- Establish key metrics to measure and monitor team and individual performance in the areas of volume, accuracy, and customer responsiveness including developing and maintaining supporting reporting systems
- Optimize the ticket management and tracking system to streamline internal processes and operational efficiency. This includes identifying issues that affect accuracy and developing solutions to minimize errors
- Create and maintain close working relationship with all CEG Teams in order to identify issues that contribute to errors and to develop solutions that reduce errors and increase efficiencies
- Track performance of customer satisfaction metrics and implement continuous improvement programs to ensure that the service provided exceed expectations
- Provide supervision to Regional Managers including: setting and monitoring individual goals; identifying, prioritizing, and assisting with improvement and training projects and initiatives; assisting with the management of their respective teams
- Must have a strong track record as a senior operation professional gained within a contact center environment in an outsourcing (BPO) or in-house set up. At least 10 years’ experience in Contact Center environment with at least 5-8 years in a Senior Managerial capacity or equivalent
- Must have a strong track record as a senior operation professional gained within a contact center environment in an in-house set up
- Experience of leading teams in both local and remote locations is preferred
- Ability to analyze business challenges, use data and provide and present actionable recommendations to business leaders
- Proven track record of developing and implementing strategies and plans to achieve business goals and objectives with clear and tangible metrics
- Excellent People Management skills
- Possess at least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills, conceptual ability and ability to work well with stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent written and spoken communication in English – additional language is a plus
- Project management certifications (PMP or Six Sigma or equivalent) is an advantage
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills (externally and internally)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Team leader and team player
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic; ability to move fast
- Highly disciplined work habits
- Energetic and driven personality
- Adapts well to and is energized by change
- Creative and Innovative
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Young and dynamic multinational team
- Possibility to travel
- Career opportunity regarding lateral moves within CEG teams and global locations as well as other departments within the company
- Continuous learning & development through corporate training programs
- Modern working environment in the heart of the city
- This position is open to both local and foreign candidates and we will provide a generous relocation package for the right candidate, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Bangkok.