Founded in Asia and part of Booking Holdings Inc., Agoda is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing online travel agents. Coming from over 70+ countries, our 3,900+ person team is young, energetic, and hyper-focused on every detail of the internet. Our parent company, Booking Holdings, owns several other premier travel brands, including Kayak, Booking.com and Rentalcars.com, making us by far the largest and fastest growing travel portfolio in the world.
In every department – from Legal to Product – Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation allowing you to thrive in and to grow both yourself and Agoda.
We are looking to recruit an outstanding lawyer to join its team supporting Agoda’s business.
The lawyer appointed will also provide legal and contractual support to the business including:
- Taking responsibility for a wide range of issues relating to Agoda’s flights and packages business.
- Responsibility for flights/packages regulatory and legal requirements worldwide, including liaising with outside counsel.
- Negotiating and drafting agreements relating to airline content involving software services, supplier/vendor and consultancy contracts, technology licensing and development, and support as required in litigation/disputes and regulatory matters.
- Being responsible for effective negotiation and timely completion of contracts and assisting business stakeholders with ongoing contract management.
- Working closely with the business to deliver effective support and advice, formulation and coordination of positions across different jurisdictions, reporting and escalation of issues.
- Assisting in advising management on legal risks to company strategy.
- Preparing and maintaining template documentation and negotiation guidelines, and providing training to internal business partners.
- Updating know-how, sharing documentation and lessons learned.
- Providing training within the legal department and mentoring/supervision of other members of the team.
The person appointed will be:
- An accomplished commercial/IT lawyer, preferably with a background in the airline travel environment.
- Proactive and practical, adding value by creating strategic solutions to legal issues
- A team player with the ability effectively to communicate with individuals at all levels
The successful applicant will have:
- A legal qualification to practice as a lawyer and 10+ years of post-qualification experience in private practice or the in-house legal department of an international business (or both)
- University degree
- Trained in a common law jurisdiction with experience of technology contracts.
- A strongly commercial outlook and excellent interpersonal skills.
- A strategic approach to the law and like working in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
#LGL #4 #dallas #houston #losangeles #london #singapore #sanfrancisco #belgium #brussels #austin #newyork #newyorkcity #philadelphia #sandiego #hongkong #sydney #beijing #shanghai #amsterdam #dubai #ontario #vancouver #montreal #toronto #melbourne #zurich #chicago #frankfurt #dublin #LI-SE1