*This role is a Bangkok Based role*
Agoda is one of the world’s leading online hotel and accommodation booking platforms.
Founded in Asia and now part of Booking Holdings, Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book hundreds of thousands of properties in almost every country on earth. In every department – from engineering to customer experience – Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation allowing you to thrive in and to grow both yourself and Agoda.
As an Indirect Tax Specialist, you will work for Agoda Services Co., Ltd in Bangkok and report directly to the Global Indirect Tax Manager. You will be part of the Finance Team (approximately 150 professionals) and support the Tax Team in indirect tax compliance matters related to VAT, Service tax, Sales tax, GST and other indirect taxes, in all countries where Agoda operates as a business.
This role involves interaction with our US parent company, our international offices, business managers, functional teams and other finance and legal colleagues. Due to the rapid growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may also evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
This position is open to both local and international candidates with relocation support available for eligible candidates to help ensure a smooth transition to working and living in Bangkok.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in reviewing Indirect tax returns prepared by external advisors in foreign jurisdictions where the company is registered for GST/VAT purposes.
- Assist in identifying potential problem areas when reviewing indirect tax compliance returns.
- Coordinate with internal teams and external advisors for flagging pending information for indirect tax compliance issues.
- Assist in information and data gathering when required by Tax authorities.
- Support the Tax Team in daily operations to accomplish tax objectives.
- Perform ad-hoc tax assignments, as assigned by Tax Manager and/or Tax Director, including but not limited tax research.
- Keeping up to date with legislation and practical changes which impact VAT compliance
- Assist managers/senior managers on various projects for internal process improvement or new business initiatives implementation.
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Tax, Accounting, Finance or any business related field
- Certified accountant/certified tax adviser/equivalent (a plus)
- 2 – 4 years of experience in indirect tax compliance
- Experience with VAT/GST in an international context, both in mature and developing jurisdictions
- Experience in dealing with Tax Authorities during tax audits/investigations
- Experience working in a MNC, and/or SEC listed company in the US (a plus)
- Ability to work independently and productively
- Good analytical, communication & interpersonal skills with adaptability
- Good command of English (both in writing and speaking)
- Good at MS-Excel
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Strong numerical and analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills (externally and internally);
- Ability to communicate and present clearly and confidently to Management;
- Adaptable to new technologies, quick learner;
- Team leader and team player;
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Highly disciplined work habits;
- Energetic and driven personality;
- Adapts well to and is energized by change;
- Creative and Innovative.
Agoda is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status and other legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.