Agoda is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing online travel agents. Coming from over 70+ countries, our 3,900+ person team is young, energetic, and hyper-focused on every last detail of the internet. Our parent company, Booking Holdings, owns several other premier travel brands, including Kayak, Booking.com and Rentalcars.com, making us by far the largest and fastest growing travel portfolio in the world. But in keeping with the group’s focus on entrepreneurialism, each brand operates totally independently, allowing us to experiment and move fast. Given our culture of rapid innovation, work equals learning. Nobody ever has all the answers and we learn by trying and getting feedback, sharing what we learn.
We are currently seeking to hire a Learning Coordinator (contract). This role will be based in our Bangkok office and will report directly to our Senior Manager for Talent Development, also based in Bangkok. The role has a global reach supporting our employees across 35 offices in 33 countries. The Talent team has a unique function in ensuring the best possible development of all our people, without taking ownership for development away from employees and their managers. As such we are a small team of professionals who advice and enable teams throughout the organization to work on development. We set challenging targets, co-create content, co-facilitate, teach others to teach and coach, and provide systems to scale, measure, and exchange learning.
The main focus of the role is online learning administration, management of our learning system, and coordination of learning activities. We have a strong preference for in-house creation of highly customized learning programs. Our programs are usually blended and manager-led.
Main roles and responsibilities
- Managing and Coordinating online learning content distributed on our LMS to employees across the company
- Support content development and delivery both for general management skills (e.g., project management, ensuring managers do performance reviews effectively) and for domain skills (e.g., industry knowledge, understanding our connectivity systems)
- Track learning needs across the organization
- Enrol participants, schedule learning interventions, and maintain a learning calendar
- Coordinate learning events including logistics, agendas, room set-up, coordinating faculty, and monitoring program budget
- Analyze course evaluation and attendance data as well as other impact measurements.
- Rapidly learn and grow in a constantly evolving and entrepreneurial environment
Work closely with
- All Agoda departments
- Most parts of the People and Organization Development department, especially the Talent Development team itself, Talent acquisition, and Operations
Things to understand
- Our department is called “People and Organization Development” rather than “HR” because we believe in developing people rather than focusing on pure administration and rules. Our philosophy is that our most important job is to help managers manage well, rather than telling them what to do – or doing their jobs for them. The Learning and Leadership Development function operates largely in this way, with managers, including our CEO, participating in the design of learning programs and (co-)facilitating them. We offer guidance and expertise, while collaborating, such that we create customized and relevant learning. We tend not to outsource, and in the rare instances that we get external support, these programs are heavily customized, with our help. For an in-depth perspective, please refer to this article, http://www.mckinsey.com/insights/organization/toward_a_new_hr_philosophy
- Agoda is a medium-sized, very multinational company (ca. 5,000 employees, 35+ locations), which has been growing rapidly. We’re seeking someone who can help scale up our learning without imposing big-company thinking and models. We enjoy experimenting and continuously improving how we teach.
- Understand that building new programs and processes takes both time and hard work – and have the willingness and skills to put both in
- Previous LMS experience and working with online learning content is big advantage.
- Experience in developing and administering both online and offline learning.
- Preference for candidates with demonstrated interest or experience on creating digital learning experiences (online, blended, social)
- English fluency is essential
- Strong project management skills to lead and structure thinking and work, ability to multitask, and organize others who do not directly report to the role
- A non-hierarchical approach; the flexibility and ability to build consensus across organizations
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility and ability to work productively with ambiguity
- Quantitative skills to organize, analyze, and manage data and reporting, and drive continuous improvement based on data
- Critical and innovative thinking
- Ability to build strong, trusting business relationships and cooperate with colleagues from different countries and professional backgrounds
- Ability to influence and persuade; sense of humor always a plus
- Undergraduate degree from a top university expected; advanced degrees welcome
In order to be considered for this role, you must be a Thai national
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE, we have a strict PSL in place and we will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Greenhouse portal.
Candidate CV's not submitted through our Greenhouse portal or submitted directly through to managers or HR will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable.
We thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
Agoda is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status and other legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
#LI-NS2 #ADM #HR #2 #contract