Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers across the globe.
Headquartered in Asia, Agoda is one of the world’s largest online travel accommodation platforms. Founded in 2005 and now part of Booking Holdings (Nasdaq:BKNG), Agoda has a network of over 2,000,000 vacation rentals and hotels worldwide. Our web and mobile products provide a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers. Agoda employs over 4,000 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe. In every department – from engineering to customer experience – we provide an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter. At Agoda, we believe our people are our strength. We work hard and have fun, and we choose people who are dedicated to making things great.
Purpose / Mission:
Oversee the daily accounting activities required to maintain the general ledgers, supervise, directs, and review the work of the accounting staff, monitor cash balance, perform timely and accurate accounting close, prepare internal and external financial reports with solid analysis including reporting package to head quarter, liaise with both external and internal auditors, IT review, marketing & advertising analysis and tax computation processes
- Prepare complete details and accurate accounts for all entities including a group consolidation.
- Report accurate, timely and insightful monthly management accounts and financial updates for management review
- Motivate management accounting/nominal ledger team to take further responsibility for accounts input and preparation processes, and ensure career development in a supportive manner.
- Manage and liaise with auditors, IT review and tax computation processes from planning to filing in an efficient and effective manner.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department
- Monitor accounting and associated IT systems create appropriately debtors/creditor/nominal ledger and booking system interdependencies.
- Responsible for review of journal entries
- Review reconciliations of all significant account balances including bank accounts (daily) and fixed assets, debtors and creditors (monthly), and report significant exceptions to management
- Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Understand key concepts of tax returns (i.e. corporate income tax, withholding tax and indirect taxes) in foreign jurisdictions where the company has legal presence.
- Provide tax team with accurate information for the purpose of tax compliance in local and foreign jurisdictions
- Minimum 5 year of experiences in Accounting or related field with at least 3 years in managerial level
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Working in Multinational Company and travel industry is preferable.
- Strong interpersonal skill, problem solving, prioritization, proactive handling and teamwork with ability to meet deadline.
- Dynamic and able to adapt to a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in MS Office Application.
- Good written and spoken communication skills in Thai and English.
- Experience in ACCPAC/ Oracle program is an advantage.
Agoda is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status and other legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
#FIN #ACCT #3 #LI-NS2 #kualalumpur #manila #taipei #hongkong #singapore