Working Location: Bangkok, Thailand
As part of the Data team, the Data Support team takes care of all incidents and questions regarding to data from all Agoda business and assist product owner and analyst team to perform data request for analytic on Agoda product and marketing analysis.
Our products are Big data platform, OLAP, cubes, dashboards and reports that would help business to effectively perform data-driven-decision.
This function requires constant communication to business users and also within Data team and Quality Assurance, Software Development, Database Administrators and Project Management, to communicate the data issue and understand the update and impact. Including provide data request and analytic to support business. Additionally, the workload will include fast turnaround of ad-hoc reports on Agile methodology and support other technical end user for operations.
- Degree in IT related / Computer Science / MIS or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience and strong knowledge in BI solutions and data warehouse concept.
- Experiences in BI Tools such as MSDT, Tableau, Metabase, SQL Server, Vertica
- Knowledge and experiences in Big data such as Hadoop, Impala, Spark
- Strong SQL command and ability to write complex query on big data
- Service-minded, Multi-tasking and Problem-solving person, Good communication skills, Fast learning and willing to learn non-technical business and industry knowledge
- Strong English, in speaking, reading and writing
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Experience in ticket based systems, incident management is a plus
Role and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring data product to make sure that data warehouse is freshness, accurate, availability to users to ensure that data ready to use on time
- Communicate to business users when data product not up-to-date or has any data issue and keep update status including follow up BI-Product team for fixing
- Monitoring and maintain data up-time KPIs and coordinate to NOC team to communicate and update status
- Investigate data issue and escalate to related team
- Data accessibility control on data warehouse and data product
- Support business users and guide them to be able to write SQL command and use BI data tools by themselves (Hadoop, Vertica, MSSQL, Cube, Tableau, Metabase)
- Perform ad hoc query and data request to answer business questions need
- Perform ad hoc data analysis requested from Product Owner or Marketing Analyst
- SQL performance tuning and be able to give consult the best practice to write efficiency SQL script
- Perform data consultant and be able to explain data definition
- Organize knowledge sharing to business users to be able to use data tools for their analysis
- Conduct training (SQL and data tools) and be a teacher assistant on knowledge sharing session
#ENG #IT #4 #LI-PK1