Agoda is one of the world’s leading online hotel and accommodation booking platforms.
Founded in Asia and now part of Booking Holdings, Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book hundreds of thousands of properties in almost every country on earth. In every department – from engineering to customer experience – Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation allowing you to thrive in and to grow both yourself and Agoda.
As an International Tax Manager, you will work for Agoda Services Co., Ltd in Bangkok and report directly to the Senior International Tax Manager. You will be part of the Finance Team (approximately 130 professionals) and also work closely with the Legal team.
You will support the International Tax Team in all tax advisory matters for the organization to ensure efficient and compliant tax outcomes for the Agoda Group of Companies.
This role involves interaction with our US parent company, our international offices, business managers, functional teams and other finance and legal colleagues. Due to the rapid growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may also evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in international tax planning initiatives and special projects
- Assessment of tax positions and interpretations of our business models
- Keep up with new tax developments and ensure compliance with local rules and regulations
- Project coordination responsibilities
- Support key business initiatives, including modeling for financial impact of taxes
- Evaluate the current international tax structure and recommend any changes or planning ideas that will optimize the structure
- Drive and implement changes required as a result of changes to tax legislation
- Handle tax audits/queries/investigations/litigations with local tax authorities
- Contribute to tax awareness and appreciation within the Agoda Group
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Degree in law or accounting – Chartered Accountant (or equivalent) or graduate degree in taxation preferred
- 6-8 years of international tax experience in Big 4 public accounting / top law firm / multinational corporation
- E-commerce or travel industry experience a plus
- Experience with both mature and developing jurisdictions
- Strong knowledge of international tax laws, both direct and indirect taxes
- Project management expertise, including strong organizational and change management skills
- Ability to work independently and productively
- Ability to develop and maintain partnerships with cross-functional teams within Agoda
- Strategic thinker with solid business instincts and acumen
- Self-motivated and results-oriented professional
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management
- Ability to have good grasp of the detail whilst understanding the “big picture”, and to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines, and comfortable working in a fast turnaround environment
- Team leader and team player
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
- Energetic and driven personality
- Adapts well to and is energized by change
#seattle #singapore #amsterdam #seoul #taipei #dublin #washingtondc #shanghai #newyorkcity #london #sanfrancisco #munich #chicago #tokyo #boston #hongkong #kualalumpur #brussels #paris #frankfurt #PRJM #sydney #melbourne #perth #beijing #paris #zurich #geneva #wroclaw #LGL #FIN #ACCT #4 #LI-SS2