This role is based in Bangkok, Thailand.
The overall Agoda Company is an innovative online travel agency (OTA). As such, Agoda is constantly expanding its reach through strategic innovations and data-driven experimentation. This allows us to stretch ourselves and get on (and in some cases, create) the next big waves. As a key stakeholder and enabler of the overall Agoda business, the Agoda Finance team must play a unique role in balancing risk management without stiffening the innovations and growth.
As a Business Process & Risk Control Specialist you will be working very closely with the business partners and stakeholders from multiple departments with respect to risk management for over Agoda throughout the business. You would be expected to navigate effectively up and down various levels within various departments to understand and (in many cases) design the business processes and internal controls to ensure overall compliance and appropriate business risk management, including maintain internal controls environment and the quality of processes. This role is about balance.
This position will require you to have a strong big picture focus but be able to zoom in and out of the details to ensure you understand the processes fully.
This role is based in Bangkok, Thailand.
Key areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to:
- Define a risk screen that enables agoda to properly analyze potential risk exposures for all new innovations; help design mitigation plans or controls mechanism
- Analyze (and/or design) business processes and other business compliance topics to identify risks and control weaknesses
- Identify controls that are currently in place, as well as any control gaps, based on identified risks
- Provide guidance and support to your business partners (e.g., process owners) in designing and implementing appropriate controls to strengthen control environment and mitigate risks
- Assist in the implementation of, and ongoing compliance with the COSO-ERM 2017 Framework
- Assist with documentation of processes by collaborating with process owners and control performers
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation including flow charts, process narratives and risk and control matrices, segregation of duties matrices and any others required
- Maintain adequate internal control environment
- Co-ordinate with audits for both Internal and External audit teams
- Support Internal and External audit teams to ensure that remediation plans are implemented on a timely basis for any deficiencies found
- Research and understand all relevant compliance regulations to ensure process owners are aware of anything that could impact them
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree preferably in Accounting or Finance
- Excellent knowledge of auditing various business operations and risk-based auditing attained through minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience
- Previous experience in a compliance, process, quality or risk control role; experience in setting up and operating Enterprise Risk Management a plus
- Proven success in improving risk management, preferably in a fast-moving eCommerce environment
- Thorough understanding of internal control concepts (e.g. SOX & COSO) and experience in applying them in various business areas/functions
- Ability to work independently, productively and part of a team
- Strong Communication Skills with fluency in English (other languages would be a plus)
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Visio
- Finance experience preferred, E-commerce or travel industry experience a plus
Skills & Competencies:
- High level of integrity is a MUST
- An eye to spot control gaps with an intuition of risk prioritization
- Curious, creative and innovative, particularly in design proper controls without stiffening the business growth
- Flexibility to adapt to an ever-evolving and dynamic work environment
- Self-starter with strong sense of responsibility
- Quick thinker and confident in decision making
- Process, problem solving and action orientated mindset.
- Good analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic