Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers across the globe.
Headquartered in Asia, Agoda is one of the world’s largest online travel accommodation platforms. Founded in 2005 and now part of Booking Holdings (Nasdaq:BKNG), Agoda has a network of over 2,000,000 vacation rentals and hotels worldwide. Our web and mobile products provide a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers.
Agoda employs over 5,000 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe. In every department – from engineering to customer experience – we provide an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter.
At Agoda, we believe our people are our strength. We work hard and have fun, and we choose people who are dedicated to making things great.
DEPARTMENTAL INFO/JOB SUMMARY:
The Market Manager / Account Manager is part of our Partner Service team and the main contact between our accommodation partners and Agoda, with the responsibility of developing the business through acquiring new relationships and optimizing our current ones. The Market Manager will need to be able to analyze large data sets in order to uncover new opportunities to propose to relevant stakeholders, both internally as well as to our external partners and customers. A key responsibility in developing our business is the ability to identify and acquire new sources of supply and product offerings within an assigned territory while maintaining existing relationships. In addition, a Market Manager must be able to analyze their assigned market to maintain a competitive edge over our competition and then report back his/her findings through weekly and monthly internal reports.
- Drive the market in reaching key performance indicators (KPIs) for specific destinations by fostering new relationships and optimizing existing ones
- Gain buy-in from relevant stakeholders to execute strategies and help launch promotional campaigns to enhance productivity and maintain competitiveness on Agoda’s website
- Identify and gain supply and product offerings to match market demands that maximize our ability to convert passive customers into active ones
- The ability to communicate well with both new and existing partners through phone and in-person meetings to help grow our business portfolio
- Ability to analyze large data sets in order to uncover new opportunities to grow Agoda’s business
- Train and inform partners of both new and existing technologies, tools, and models
- Prepare sales decks and relevant presentation materials to aid in growing our business during partner meetings
- Report weekly/monthly KPI’s and key metrics internally to showcase successes and highlight potential opportunities
***Please note that the duties of this role may change at any time due to changing needs of the department
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any relevant field is required (focus on tourism or hospitality is a plus)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the hotel/travel (or relevant) industry, especially within OTA channels, is preferred
- Ability to analyze large sets of data in order to uncover previously missed opportunities is required
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to influence both external / internal stakeholders preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
- Ability to effectively push the company’s agenda and communicate with and gain buy-in from key stakeholders preferred
- Team player with a professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic preferred
- Proven success in acquiring, building & maintaining long term customer relationships strongly preferred
- Adapts well to change and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to create new, innovative ideas
- Ability to source and develop new business partners
- Able to travel twice per quarter is required
Below are some websites to learn more about agoda.com:
Agoda is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status and other legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
#BD #4 #LI-SR1 #sydney #melbourne