Trust is hard-earned but quickly lost. Fraud is one of the fastest ways to erode trust. Customers need to be able to trust that a property they book will give them a high level of satisfaction. We also need to have safeguards to protect ourselves from scammers, organized fraud rings, and other bad actors while minimizing the impact to legitimate customers. We need to do this in a scalable manner in an always-on world.
As head of fraud, you would lead the product team in our fight against fraud. The fraud teams are responsible for blocking bad transactions, preventing fake property listings, combatting scams and nefarious activities, and disrupting crime.
The head of fraud product will set the product direction of all our fraud teams. You will collaborate with the fraud business and IT teams to ensure that agoda has best-in-class fraud performance across all our activities and businesses. Fraud is complex and evolving, so the candidate would need to adapt to rapidly changing threats. We are therefore looking for an experienced, proven product leader who has extensive experience in fraud technologies.
This position is based in Bangkok and open to candidates worldwide. We will assist you with visa and relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Bangkok
Agoda is an online hotel and accommodation booking website part of the Booking Holdings Group (alongside, booking.com, Priceline, Kayak, and others), which is by far the largest and fastest growing travel portfolio in the world. The best part is that each brand operates independently, meaning we have the resources of a big enterprise, but the mentality of an entrepreneurial startup.
- Lead and manage the fraud product teams, coordinating and aligning efforts
- Develop and continuously adapt the overall fraud strategy and vision while aligning closely with the fraud business team
- Communicate with senior leadership and management about fraud operations, roadmap, and KPIs
- Work closely with data scientists, fraud analysts, designers, researchers, and engineers to build the fraud tools in an agile manner
- Design, set, and track KPIs to monitor the success and impact of fraud initiatives
- Help create scalable processes for handling fraud scenarios
- Collaborate with new agoda product initiatives to aid with go to market while mitigating any fraud impact
- 6+ years of product management experience
- Extensive experience in fraud technologies in an e-commerce setting
- Proven leadership of a team of product managers
- Ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
- Comfort for working with data scientists and analysts
- Enthusiasm to develop engineered processes and technologies and to apply innovative solutions to make organizational improvements while encouraging creative thinking and innovation
- Ability to motivate and inspire development teams to achieve beyond what they imagined possible
- Penchant for entrepreneurship and analytics and familiarity with the latest internet trends and technologies
- Degree in advanced Math, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics degree or equivalent experience
Ideal candidates may have:
- Built distributed systems using machine learning and advanced algorithms
- Used internal and external APIs
- Background in data analysis and comfort using SQL/Hive/R technologies
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies and skill sets:
- Enjoyment for working in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- Relentless curiosity and an urge to innovate, measure and improve
- Openness to change and new information
- Hands-on mentality