*This role is based in Bangkok*
Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers across the globe. Headquartered in Asia, Agoda is one of the world’s largest online travel accommodation platforms. Founded in 2005 and now part of Booking Holdings (Nasdaq:BKNG), Agoda has a network of over 2,000,000 vacation rentals and hotels worldwide. Our web and mobile products provide a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers. Agoda employs over 5,000 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe. In every department – from engineering to customer experience – we provide an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter. At Agoda, we believe our people are our strength. We work hard and have fun, and we choose people who are dedicated to making things great.
The Graphic Design & Communications Specialist, under Agoda’s Global Affairs team, ensures key stakeholders and employees are kept informed and motivated. This is achieved by communicating through several channels, such as corporate Town Halls, monthly management meetings and country narrative briefs.
Essentially a dual-role of lead communicator and project manager, this position also plays a critical part in effectively executing Agoda’s strategic campaigns on CSR/sustainability and government affairs. This position works closely with the senior leadership team.
This position is open to both local and international candidates with relocation support available for eligible candidates to help ensure a smooth transition to working and living in Bangkok.
- Plan and drive the strategic execution of senior leadership meetings, such as company Town Halls, Strategic Offsite, Monthly Management Meetings and Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Take the lead in the creation, ideation and production of strategic country narratives.
- Critical support and evangelist for CSR/sustainability initiatives.
- Co-lead the process of creative development, event management, stakeholder briefings, and activation roll-out for targeted Global Affairs campaigns and related business objectives.
- Draft strong communications briefs and presentations including senior leadership decks.
- Identify reputation-building areas, stakeholder touch-points; bring in best practices and innovations in-line with Agoda Global Affairs objectives.
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as staff intranet, monthly magazines or regular email bulletins. Developing rich media content is also a key requirement.
- Keep important stakeholders and partners abreast of progress and answer their questions.
- Ensure communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organization and stakeholders including governments and state-owned enterprises.
- 10% of the role has an open opportunity to work on a self-pitched innovative project
- Writing skills: excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source data and stories from employees
- Interpersonal skills: good interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to work with key stakeholders in and out of the organization; possess the confidence to deal with senior executives and explain communication techniques to them
- Creative skills: creative ability to devise communication strategies; Digital skills: familiarity with rich media production particularly infographics
- Project management
- 6+ years relevant communications experience in external or internal PR, digital, corporate PR, or in the tech industry
- A deep understanding of financial and critical issue communications
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask and work in an extremely fast-moving industry and environment
- Good English communication skills, internal and external stakeholder management skills
Agoda is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status and other legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know. To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.