**New York-based Role**
Agoda is one of the world’s largest online hotel and accommodation booking platforms. Founded in 2005, and now a part the Booking Holdings (BKNG) family, Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book their holiday accommodation from over 1 million properties in almost every country on earth.
Since its acquisition in 2007, Agoda has been growing at an exceptional rate. Having established itself as the dominant Online Travel Agency in Asia, it continues to grow its presence throughout the rest of the world, including the United States. This particular position will be in important part of our US operations and serve as a key supporting role to our Head of Legal, North America.
In every department, including Legal, Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter than almost anyone in the online travel agency market. Our people are some of the most passionate people in the travel industry, and it is this passion that has allowed us to grow so quickly and create a best in class service for our hotel partners.
About the Role
Agoda seeks a talented and high-motivated transactional lawyer to serve as Commercial Counsel to focus on a variety of corporate aspects of Agoda’s international business. Much of the work will require close collaboration with our Key Accounts team. This candidate will also be expected to support the Head of Legal, North America, in the day-to-day legal demands of Agoda’s regional operations. This role will be based in our New York City office.
- Serving as primary point of contact for Agoda’s Key Accounts team members and their strategically complex partner accounts.
- Contract reviewing, drafting, negotiating and advising responsibilities for a variety of agreements relating to distribution, software services, suppliers/vendors/consultants, and technology/licensing/development.
- Providing strategic business and legal advice to the business in order to develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to our external relationships with Key Accounts and other travel-related partners.
- Managing and resolving legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships.
- Liaising with and assisting the Head of Legal, North America, the central Agoda Legal team (based in Bangkok, Thailand) and external counsel, as needed.
- Preparing and maintaining template documentation and negotiation guidelines, ensuring consistent contractual positions, and providing training to internal business partners.
- J.D., from an ABA-accredited law school.
- Admission, in good standing, to at least one State Bar (New York preferred).
- 6+ years of relevant transactional experience at a top-tier law firm or the in-house legal department of a global company. Candidates with experience in the travel or hospitality industries and as in-house counsel are preferred.
- Thrives working in a fast-paced, high-pressure, entrepreneurial environment.
- A team player with the ability to work effectively, collaboratively and cross-functionally, as well as think creatively and be solution-oriented.
- The ability to navigate deliverables across varying time zones and differing departments within Agoda.
- Detail oriented and very organized.
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize workload.
#seattle #singapore #amsterdam #seoul #taipei #dublin #washingtondc #shanghai #newyorkcity #london #sanfrancisco #munich #chicago #tokyo #boston #hongkong #kualalumpur #brussels #paris #frankfurt #LGL #4 #LI-SE1