Agoda’s Customer Experience Group (CEG) is a 1,300+ strong organization spread globally across 9 countries in 4 continents. As CEG continues to grow, we realize the need for stronger instructional design processes and practices in order to gain operational efficiencies and deliver top-quality customer care.
The Instructional Designer role is a new position within CEG that we are in the process of defining and shaping. The main function of the position would be to help champion CEG-wide employee development through the creation, implementation, and enhancement of training solutions that will address the organization’s needs. This role will be based in our Bangkok office and join a unique function in ensuring the best possible development of all our people. For the first 6-months this role will focus on designing, developing and improving content related to flights.
The person who takes on the role will, to start off with, lead and manage the following:
- Manage the design and development of traditional classroom, virtual or remote, and web-based course content for current and new training programs
- Create processes related to the design, development, and upkeep of training programs
- Manage training and upskilling of L&D staff on design and development of training programs
- Report on the maintenance of and updates to course templates, trainer guides, trainee materials, and exercises that would impact KPIs
- Identify any items that need to be available before, during, and after training, including any technology and facility requirements
Success in the role will initially be measured by on-time delivery of action items related to the above. In the long-term, success will be measured by efficiencies gained and quality provided by CEG employees as seen in increased KPI scores.
*** The opportunity is open to both local and international candidates. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance will be provided. ***
Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Manage the current instructional design and development practices as well as create and encourage new practices related to training solutions
- Analyze the effectiveness of training solutions by observing their implementation and evaluate their impact in terms of the organizational benefits
- Build recursive, remedial and supplemental materials, as needed.
- Interact with L&D, Operations, and other support teams within CEG
- Act as a mediator to answer the queries of the staff about design and development output and practices
- Utilize L&D resources and design a training module for the staff to help them design and develop their own training solutions, including workshops, one-on-one guidance, and other related content
- Encourage the staff and workers to share best practices effectively and efficiently
- Promote collaborative tools such as activity rooms to facilitate sharing of ideas and work among internal teams and external partners
- Help monitor and evaluate the design and development program, including external benchmarking and evaluation programs/opportunities
- In the initial months, project management skills will be key to the success of the Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designers should have in-depth knowledge of the learning management systems maintained by the organization
- The ability to deliver at speed. A preference for iterative approach to development
- They should have good communications skills and expert planning skills
- Should be able to transform the ideas of management and implement appropriate solutions in the organization
- They should have good analyzing skills and ability to tackle critical situations
- Ability to maintain constructive work relationships with the employees of all the departments; seniors as well as juniors
- Leadership quality and ability to supervise and guide the employees
- A background in GDS a strong plus.
Instructional Designers should possess a bachelor's or master's degree in education, information technology, etc. Some individuals who do not possess degree in education but have knowledge of or experience in instructional design and development can be considered.
#newyork #sydney #melbourne #london #kualalumpur #manila #bangkok #singapore #TRNG #PRJM #4 #LI-LH1