We are looking for analysts to join the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia based in Bangkok, Thailand. Agoda is a strongly data driven organization: as a Data Analyst, you will have the opportunity to analyze billions of actions of millions of travelers choosing from over a million hotels.
The Customer Experience Group handles many thousands of customer and property interactions every day through different channels such as phone, email and chat. Our ability to provide an excellent customer and partner experience with the highest possible efficiency has a major impact on the overall success of Agoda. You will help grow our business by using the data to identify opportunities to drive efficiency, reduce customer friction and increase customer satisfaction and loyalty.
You will work in the Data Analytics team to produce analyses and insights, offer recommendations and drive decision making for various stakeholders across the business. To achieve this, you will work with a global operational team consisting of more than 50 different nationalities.
You will get the opportunity to own analytical projects end to end, starting from understanding stakeholder needs to the analysis and interpretation of results as well as the communication of conclusions to management, the operational teams and other groups in Agoda (Product, IT, Partner Services, Marketing, and Finance).
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
• Self-managed delivery of analytical projects
o Define the business problem
o Determine the analytical approach
o Efficiently extract the relevant data
o Appropriately use statistical and data analysis techniques to perform the analysis
o Communicate your findings to stakeholders using the right data visualizations
o Balance multiple priorities and appropriately update stakeholders on progress
• Conceptualization, delivery and quality control of regular reports
• Training of non-analytical department members in best practice use of Agoda data (dashboards, cubes), analysis techniques and correct interpretation of results
Your Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
• 5+ years of experience working as a data analyst, preferably working with large data volumes
• Master’s degree or higher in computer sciences, engineering, mathematics, statistics, data science or a related degree program with outstanding academic results
• Knowledge of statistical modeling techniques and experience in applying these in practice
• Strong SQL skills: ability to efficiently extract data from large and complex databases. Additional proficiency in Python, R or VBA and / or visualization software such as Tableau would be a plus, while not necessarily required
• Expert Excel user: ability to understand and build complex spreadsheets
• Excellent problem solving and comprehension skills as well as strong business sense
• Excellent communication skills: ability to communicate with people of differing levels of seniority and analytical understanding
• High level of organization: ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and deliver results under tight deadlines and pressure
• Fluent in English both spoken and written – additional languages are a plus
• You are curious, flexible and solution-oriented. You strive for excellence and are attentive to detail, but you also “get things done”!
• You are interested in telling an impactful story using analysis and smart data visualization rather than just applying methodologies and crunching the numbers
• You are a team player with a willingness to share your opinion and pro-actively propose ideas and you enjoy being part of a dynamic and fast moving multinational team
What we offer
• A clearly defined career path will help you to continuously develop your skills.
o Annual performance bonus
o Relocation package for employees joining from abroad
o Health insurance
o Discount for Agoda employee booking on Agoda.com
o Reimbursement of parking fees
#sydney #Melbourne #brussels #shanghai #beijing #prague #copenhagen #cairo #estonia #helsinki #paris #berlin #munich #hongkong #hcmc #dublin #telaviv #tokyo #kualalumpur #amsterdam #oslo #warsaw #krakow #moscow #singapore #seoul #barcelona #madrid #stockholm #taipei #bangkok #dubai #london #saintpetersburg #vilnius #budapest #newyork #sanfrancisco #losangeles ANLS #IT #4 #LI-MB1