ABOUT WORKING AT AGODA
Agoda is one of the world’s largest online hotel and accommodation booking platforms. Founded in 2005 and now a Booking Holdings company, Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book their holiday accommodation from over 1 million properties in almost every country on earth.
Agoda has been growing at an exceptional rate and employs over 3,700 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe. Having established itself as the dominant Online Travel Agency in Asia, it is now growing its presence in North America.
As a Data Analyst at Agoda.com you will use your data skills and business mindset to make a difference in our fast-growing global business across our top hotel partners. The Data Analyst will be involved in strategic projects and work closely with commercial owners and business stakeholders, using data to identify and translate business needs and opportunities into actionable initiatives.
What you’ll do
This role is designed to mainly support growth opportunity identification and experiment execution for China market with a global reach to help design and put in place global experimentation and visibility initiatives that in turn would benefit China market. Key activities involved include but not limit to:
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to understand changes in business metrics and identify existing drivers
- Build and analyze dashboards, reports and key datasets to empower operational and exploratory analysis for Destination Growth
- Identify business opportunities from behaviors, trends and patterns analyses in both demand and supply ends of the business as well as the root causes of
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of analysts, product managers and business owners to drive changes based on opportunities identified
- Support global DG related initiatives, including experimentation infrastructure-building and methodology standardization
- Focus on China as a market to identify opportunity and drive growth
- Shanghai, China
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline
- Minimum 3-year experience working in a business analysis, data analysis, reporting or business strategy role
- Excellent problem-solving skills including the ability to analyze and resolve complex problems using data
- Team player with strong interpersonal, relationship-building, and stakeholder management skills
- Coding skills for analytics and data manipulation (SQL, R, Python, Pandas, Scala)
- Data visualizations such as Tableau or your weapon of choice.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written in English), with proven ability to convey complex messages clearly and with conviction
- Flexibility to frequently travel within South East Asia
#shanghai #BD #4 #LI-IJ1