Working Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Graduate Database Administrator – DBA (NoSQL)
Why Agoda Database Operations Team?
Join us in the NoSQL database team that administrating 800+ production NoSQL data engine to support front-end real time booker, hotel owner and backend OLTP processing across geographical global data centers. Our main service is to enhance database monitoring and supporting 24x7 in production.
Day to Day
- Proactive monitoring to detect unusual behavior on production database i.e. high query resource usage, unusual database traffic, database server capacity, etc. and then coordinate with Engineering team to optimize it before it becomes to be an issue.
- Research and implement automation tool to help reduce human time on daily basis i.e. Installation and upgrade tool, Database deployment tool, Anomaly Detection, etc.
- Setup, migrate and re-architect Agoda production database to support business growth.
- Coordinate with Infrastructure team to planned or unplanned maintenance.
- Troubleshooting and Performance tuning.
- Deploy database changes and first line database support.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science/Information Technology or any related field.
- 0-1 years experiences with RDBMS or NoSQL database engine i.e. setup, configuration, backup, recovery, performance tuning and monitoring. (New graduate are welcome)
- Willing to learn new NoSQL data engine technology such as Cassandra, Couchbase, Elasticsearch and Aerospike.
- Experience in Linux environment is plus.
- Understand Database Fundamentals, NoSQL concept and SQL Query.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication.
- Be able to work multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams.
- Be the good team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Be able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Support on-call rotation 24x7.
Technology we use, Highly desirable advantage skills:
- NoSQL: Cassandra, Elastic Stacks, Couchbase, Aerospike.
- RDBMS: MS SQL Server, ORACLE, DB2, PostgreSQL, Vertica.
- Automation: Shell script, Python, Puppet, Ruby.
- Monitoring: Graphite, Grafana, Slack, Opsgenie, Sensu
- Linux system administration