Agoda is one of the world’s leading online hotel and accommodation booking platforms.
Founded in Asia and part of Booking Holdings Inc., Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book hundreds of thousands of properties in almost every country on earth. Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation allowing you to thrive in and to grow both yourself and Agoda.
Based in our Bangkok office and reporting to Agoda’s General Counsel - you will be expected to become a key legal advisor and point of contact to Agoda’s Product, IT and Business teams gaining a deep understanding of Agoda’s products, systems and business. By nature, you must be curious, collaborative and persuasive enabling you to provide proactive, practical and clear legal advice in a fast-paced environment ensuring that Agoda’s products and initiatives are legally compliant and sustainable especially from a regulatory perspective.
We'll Trust You To:
- Be the sole point of contact in the Legal team for Agoda’s Product team
- Providing legal advice enabling Agoda’s products and initiatives to be compliant across a number areas of law including content regulation, competition law, marketing/advertising, consumer protection and be able to at least identify data privacy issues.
- Have the oversight and practicality to help build scalable and sustainable processes for providing legal input in Agoda’s products and initiatives and be able to deal with senior stakeholders within the organization in a persuasive and effective manner
- Proactively provide legal advice from the initial stages of product, marketing and systems development to launch and beyond ensuring that potential legal issues are caught early
- In effect carry out legal impact assessments and creatively find a way to facilitate such assessments, mitigating any risks effectively, without creating needless bureaucracy to enable the business to move fast, while balancing risk effectively and navigating gray areas of law.
- Able to facilitate legally compliant display of information on the website front end ensuring compliance with consumer protection laws, B2C contracting and regulatory requirements
- Be familiar with competition guidelines on front end display including with the relevant authorities in the EU, USA, Singapore, Australia and other relevant jurisdictions, assist the business in understanding such laws including what this means for relevant contracts.
- Liaise effectively with regulators as necessary – including competition authorities.
- Be part of a team navigating new areas of law and regulations – alongside our Government Affairs team.
- At least be able to identify data privacy issues and liaise with Agoda’s Data Governance Officer where required
- A good control of contracts, shaping deals with vendors or providers as necessary and be able to negotiate certain clauses that may have a competition law angle
You'll need To Have:
- Degree in law, licensed to practice
- Experience in, and a strong passion for technology, big data, and products, preferably having experience in a tech company
- 7+ years of legal experience preferably both in a law firm and in-house, the latter preferred for this role
- Good knowledge of competition laws and dealing with competition authorities in the past
We'd Love to See:
- Experience counseling Product, IT, Marketing and Design teams early within a product or initiative process
- Fluent in English, and any other language is a plus
- Prefer practicality over theory, and be collaborative yet persuasive
#LGL #4 #dallas #houston #losangeles #london #singapore #sanfrancisco #belgium #brussels #austin #newyork #newyorkcity #philadelphia #sandiego