Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers across the globe.
Headquartered in Asia, Agoda is one of the world’s largest online travel accommodation platforms. Founded in 2005 and now part of Booking Holdings (Nasdaq:BKNG), Agoda has a network of over 2,000,000 vacation rentals and hotels worldwide. Our web and mobile products provide a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers. Agoda employs over 4,000 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe. At Agoda, we believe our people are our strength. We work hard and have fun, and we choose people who are dedicated to making things great.
When it comes to the most important core function of the company, we provide an international environment enriched with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation. Our finance team is located and centralized in our Bangkok global operations office. With more than 130+ professionals, we're supporting Agoda's finance operations across the globe.
Oversee the daily accounting activities required to maintain the general ledgers, supervise, directs, and review the work of the accounting staff, monitor cash balance, perform timely and accurate accounting close, prepare internal and external financial reports with solid analysis including reporting package to head quarter, liaise with both external and internal auditors, IT review, marketing & advertising analysis and tax computation processes
Key Accountabilities: (i.e. business contribution, nature and scope of responsibility, risk and financial management)
Implement new ERP
- Coordinate with consultants as a representative of end-users to implement new ERP
- Gain understand of current process, identify room for improvement and adapt the current process to new ERP
- Understand how to build self-service report from the new ERP and be able to assist other users to achieve the necessary report
- Prepare documentations related to the new ERP and share the knowledge to other users
- Coordinate with the system maintenance team once the new ERP go-live
- Prepare complete details and accurate accounts for all entities including a group consolidation.
- Report accurate, timely and insightful monthly management accounts and financial updates for management review
- Motivate management accounting/nominal ledger team to take further responsibility for accounts input and preparation processes, and ensure career development in a supportive manner.
- Manage and liaise with auditors, IT review and tax computation processes from planning to filing in an efficient and effective manner.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department
- Monitor accounting and associated IT systems create appropriately debtors/creditor/nominal ledger and booking system interdependencies.
- Responsible for review of journal entries
- Review reconciliations of all significant account balances including bank accounts (daily) and fixed assets, debtors and creditors (monthly), and report significant exceptions to management
- Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Understand key concepts of tax returns (i.e. corporate income tax, withholding tax and indirect taxes) in foreign jurisdictions where the company has legal presence.
- Coordinate with tax team to provide accurate information for the purpose of tax compliance in local and foreign jurisdictions
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum experience of 3 years in accounting or related fields
- Bachelor in Accountancy
- Accounting software/ ERP application skills
- Data management/database concepts
- Analytical ability and problem solving skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Communication skills
- Planning & Coordination skills
- Excel & presentation skills
- Tax knowledge
Agoda is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status and other legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
#3 #FIN #LI-NS2