Agoda is one of the world’s leading online hotel and accommodation booking platforms.
Founded in Asia and part of Booking Holdings Inc., Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book hundreds of thousands of properties in almost every country on earth. In every department – from legal to product – Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation allowing you to thrive in and to grow both yourself and Agoda.
Based in our Bangkok office and reporting to Agoda’s head of Compliance, Security and Employment, you will be the Global Employment Counsel for Agoda. By nature, you must be curious, collaborative, and persuasive enabling you to provide practical and clear legal advice in a fast-paced environment.
We'll trust you to:
- Provide global legal advice to the People Team (HR) and Senior Leadership on all aspects of employment law including: Hiring, including contract drafting and review, Compensation, Employee benefits, Immigration, Misconduct investigations, Performance based actions, Disciplinary actions, including termination
- Build scalable and sustainable processes for providing legal input
- Manage and resolve employment related litigation
- Coordinate with the Compliance Team
- Manage outside counsel
- Advise on management and employee training programs
You'll need to have:
- Degree in law, licensed to practice
- 7+ years of employment law experience preferably both in a law firm and in-house
- Ability to clearly and fluently speak and write in English
We'd love to see:
- Experience working in APAC
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage numerous projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Compliance programs and functions
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional judgment and client relationship skills
#newyork #LGL #4 #sanfransisco #dallas #houston #losangeles #london #madrid #edinburgh #munich #barcelona #hongkong #kualalampur #singapore #shanghai #beijing #jakarta #hochinhcity #hanoi #dubai #mumbai