Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers across the globe. Headquartered in Asia, Agoda is one of the world’s largest online travel accommodation platforms. Founded in 2005 and now a Booking Holdings (Nasdaq:BKNG) company,
Agoda has a network of over 1 million accommodation options worldwide. Our web and mobile products provide a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers. Agoda employs over 4,000 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe. In every department – from engineering to customer experience – we provide an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter. At Agoda, we believe our people are our strength. We work hard and have fun, and we choose people who are dedicated to making things great.
This role will drive the development and execution of activities relating to employee engagement within the specific location and/ or region of Agoda’s vibrant multilingual Customer Experience Group (CEG). This includes working closely with the local site/ region senior leadership of CEG to develop specific plans for: recruitment and selection, performance management, talent development, retention management, organization design and effectiveness, etc. The HR Generalist will also be responsible for the voice of employees’ program of CEG
- Partner with senior leaders and managers providing advice on local labor law, people management, people processes and solutions and people data insights
- Support managers in handling cases of bad performance, misconduct, termination, etc.
- Provide advice to senior leaders and managers on talent management opportunities
- Provide advice on change management
- Provide advice and support in the opening of new entities
- Be aware of organizational people needs and provide solutions to any concerns
- Implement HR programs and policies to improve employee satisfaction and workplace experience
- Proactively lead culture initiatives to foster an effective employee culture
- Optimize organizational efficiency
- Enhance the people and workplace experience through localized people initiatives throughout the employee lifecycle, including process improvement, welfare programs, data & insights
- Champion People compliance and operations to minimize regulatory violations and eliminate rework
- Partner closely with functional People teams to deliver high-value service to senior managers.
- Address and manage a broad spectrum of People related matters and work to resolve them through a systematic approach, adhering to company policies, local employment laws and industry best practices.
- At least 8 years of experience in Human Resources or equivalent performing general HR functions.
- Must have a strong track record as a senior HR professional gained within people intensive, customer orientated industries – travel, hospitality and outsourcing (contact center/ BPO) are highly preferred.
- Good understanding of local labor laws
- Experience in working in multi-regional and site-based HR functions is an advantage.
- Experience of leading teams across locations is preferred.
- Possess at least a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business, Psychology and/ or equivalent.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing HR strategies and plans to achieve business goals and objectives with clear and tangible HR metrics.
- Ability to analyze business challenges/ data and provide recommendations to business leaders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, conceptual ability and ability to work well with stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent written and spoken communication in English – additional language is a plus
- Professional experience in MS office tools is desired (e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
Good to have
- Project management certifications (PMP or equivalent)
- CIPD or any HR certifications
What we offer
- Career opportunity regarding moves within teams and global locations
- Possibility for continuous learning and development through corporate learning programs
- Modern working environment in the heart of the metropolitan city of Kuala Lumpur
- Young and dynamic multinational team
- Competitive salary & overall package
#kualalumpur #HR #4 #LI-RS3