Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers across the globe. Agoda is one of the world’s largest online travel accommodation platforms and one of the leaders in Japanese market. Founded in 2005, Agoda is part of Booking Holdings (Nasdaq:BKNG), previously called Priceline Group, Agoda has a network of almost 2 million accommodation options worldwide, offering the best prices in 38 different languages.
Agoda employs over 4,000 professionals from 70+ nationalities in 30+ countries around the world. In every department – from engineering to customer experience – we provide an environment rich in creativity, collaboration, experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter. At Agoda, we believe our people are our strength. We work hard and have fun, and we choose people who are dedicated to making things great.
This role will lead the HR and People initiatives in Agoda Yokohama office, supporting the business to have the right team and the right people processes in place to achieve the business goals. Main focus will be on the Agoda’s vibrant multilingual Customer Experience Group (CEG) in Japan.
You will work very closely with the CEG Talent team, the centralized People Team and the local senior leadership team to execute specific plans for HR processes, talent and HR compliance.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Be the focal person in our Japanese office for HR related matters, working with both local managers and the centralized People Team
- Some of your responsibilities related to Talent are:
- Provide insights based on salary and benefits benchmarks
- Partner with the centralized People Team to build the employer brand
- Drive improvements to new hires onboarding
- Utilize insights from performance data to drive improvements in how managers manage performance
- Train managers locally on areas such as People processes, labor law, performance management, …
- Support the execution of global initiatives on career development
- Conduct exit interviews
- You will also make an impact on employee engagement by:
- Providing insights on the main drivers for engagement
- Recommending actions that can be taken to improve engagement
- Encouraging and supporting managers and employees to develop grass-root initiatives that improve job satisfaction, motivation and connection to others
- Coaching managers on how to provide the experience that we want for our employees
- These are the expectations for you related to People processes:
- Support the payroll team to ensure that we are compliant and provide the right support to our employees.
- Help managers and employees to understand how to properly record different type of leaves, overtime claims, etc., as well as how to enroll and make use of different benefits provided.
- Partner with the centralized People Team to develop scalable solution to reduce manual administration and ensure accuracy.
- And some of your responsibilities related to Employee Relations are:
- Ensure together with Legal Team and People Team that employment agreements are compliant and meet business needs
- Partner with mobility and immigration team to ensure compliance with immigration regulations and support immigration processes locally
- Advice managers in cases of misconduct and poor performance, ensuring that disciplinary actions are compliant with local regulations and our own internal rules of employment
- Ensure that the business is compliant with latest labor regulation changes
- Draft/review local policies and guidelines according to legal and business requirements
- Ability to analyze problems, provide insights and recommend actions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Japanese and English
- Ability to persuade and convince senior managers
- Ability to engage effectively with employees at all levels
- High standards for integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to cope well with ambiguity and change
- Ability to define your own working agenda and work independently
- The following experiences and skills will be valued:
- Understanding of Japanese labor law.
- HR experience gained within people intensive, customer oriented industries
- Experience in developing and implementing HR strategies
- Experience working in international companies
Good to have
- Experience in working in multi-regional and site-based HR functions is an advantage.
What we offer
- Career opportunity regarding moves within teams and global locations
- Possibility for continuous learning and development through corporate learning programs
- Young and dynamic multinational team
- Competitive salary & overall package
#tokyo #CUST #2 #LI-IH1