Working Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Database Administrator – DBA (SQL/NoSQL)
Why Agoda Database Operations Team?
Join us in the team that administrating 800+ production databases (SQL/NoSQL) to support front-end real time booker and hotel owner and backend OLTP processing across geographically data centers.
Technology we use
- MSSQL: High Availability: Always-on, Database Mirroring, Transaction and Peer-to-Peer Replication
- NoSQL: Cassandra, Elastic Stacks, Couchbase, Aerospike
- Automation: T-SQL, Shell script, Python, Puppet, Ruby.
- Monitoring: Graphite, Grafana, Slack, Opsgenie, Sensu
- Linux system administration
Day to Day
- Proactive monitoring to detect unusual behavior on production database i.e. high query resource usage, unusual database traffic, database server capacity, etc. and coordinate with Engineering team to optimize it before it becomes to be big incident.
- Research and implement automation tool to help reduce human time on daily basis i.e. Installation and upgrade tool, Database deployment tool, Anomaly Detection, etc.
- Setup, migrate and re-architect Agoda production database to support business growth.
- Coordinate with Infrastructure team to planned or unplanned maintenance.
- Troubleshooting and Performance tuning.
- Deploy database changes and first line database support.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science / Information Systems / Computer Engineering or related field
- 1-3 years experiences of MS SQL Server administration i.e. Setup, Backup, Recovery, Configuration, performance tuning and monitoring.
- Understand Database Fundamentals and SQL Query
- Willing to learn new NoSQL data engine technology such as Cassandra, Couchbase, Elasticsearch and Aerospike.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication
- Be able to work multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- Be able to attend On-Call rotation
- Experience in Linux environment is plus.