Head of Product Insights
Agoda is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing online travel agents. Coming from over 70+ countries, our 4,000-plus person team is young, energetic, and hyper-focused on every last detail of the travel experience. Our parent company, Booking Holdings, owns several other premier travel brands, including Booking.com, Priceline.com, Kayak, and OpenTable.com, making us the largest and fastest growing travel portfolio in the world. But the group is focused on entrepreneurialism, and each brand operates independently, allowing us to experiment and move fast.
Product Insights is a new department that combines user research with data analytics. The successful candidate will help drive synergies between these two functions and lead the new department’s culture, policies, and strategy with a focus on delivering actionable and measurable insights.
As the Head of Product Insights, you will:
Build out the Product Insights department. It doesn’t exist yet! Determine the right organizational structure and processes of the new department.
Get your hands dirty. Tackle complex problems in the online travel and ecommerce space using a range of data analysis methods. Use our huge datasets to push our business metrics to their bounds, directly and indirectly. Foster a culture that constantly raises the bar for ourselves and others, and supports the freedom to explore and innovate.
Work on tough problems. How can we model the value of an individual customer review? Can we detect causation between metrics and bookings? How do we tune our AB testing platform to ensure we aren’t optimizing noise? How do we measure experiment success to properly trade off type I and II errors? Can we analyze thousands of experiments to find segments with diverging needs? What is the ideal caching strategy for prices? Which customer segments are underserved and have the highest uplift opportunity? These are just a few of the diverse questions you will lead your team to crack. You will be impacting every aspect of the business and it will require various techniques, from diving deep into data with SQL and Big Data tools, all the way to deploying modern machine learning models.
Deliver results. Work directly with the heads of the business departments and the product management team. Influence them with compelling product ideas based on data insights that can move the dial on our business.
Build a diverse, entrepreneurial team. You are a developer of people. You love leading diverse teams of professionals with both qualitative and quantitative backgrounds using data-driven and insights-led approaches to respond quickly in a dynamic, competitive, and fast changing industry.
Work in one of Asia’s most vibrant cities. Bangkok provides a setting like no other: edgy, luxurious, impossibly sensorial, endlessly layered. The perfect junction of a globally minded career and the heart of Asian travel.
What you’ll get the chance to do
- Merge the existing User Research and Analytics teams, with full understanding of how these functions complement each other, to maximize business impact and drive synergies in our fast-paced and data-driven tech environment.
- Balance quantitative data analyses with qualitative user insights to uncover how our users book travel to drive new and existing product impact.
- Build, validate, test, and deploy machine learning or other data science models to predict and influence the behavior of consumers with the goal of optimizing products & processes.
- Test and validate insights via rapid experimentation and deployment.
- Interface with business/operation teams and key stakeholders at all levels to formulate solutions & product changes informed by your findings.
- Leverage data to help the business answer questions around further expansion, products, process optimization, cost optimization, customer acquisition/retention/churn and any other business goals that can be addressed through data insights.
- Form strong, cross-functional relationships with designers, product managers, software developers, and marketers who build, design, and optimize our technology and tools.
What you bring
- Vast analytical problem-solving capabilities & experience.
- Experience in leading a team of both researchers and analysts preferably in an ecommerce, tech, banking, advertising or management consulting environment.
- Statistical knowledge and extreme proficiency in SQL. Comfortable with R, Python and Tableau. Experience with big data technologies (Hadoop/Vertica) is a plus.
- Strong understanding and implementation experience of predictive modeling algorithms such as regressions, time series, neural networks, clustering, decision trees and heuristic models, with familiarity dealing with tradeoffs between model performance and business needs.
- Experience combining user research and data science methodologies across multiple products and teams.
- Experience with research applications pertaining to user experience, marketing, and market insights.
- Fantastic communication skills that enable you to work cross-functionally with product managers, tech geeks and design gurus, building solid relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- The ability to convey complex solutions to a less technical person.
- Bias for action.
- Advanced degree (MSc/PhD) in Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Operations Research, Physics or Mathematics/Statistics preferred.
This position is open to worldwide and local candidates and we will assist you with a generous relocation package and visa sponsorship ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Bangkok.
#sanfrancisco #seattle #chicago #singapore #tokyo #rome #barcelona #GreaterMinneapolis-St.Paul #madrid #seoul #boston #moscow #washingtondc #shanghai #philadelphia #stockholm #sandiego #jerusalem #orangecounty #copenhagen #houston #newyork #amsterdam #losangeles #dallas #mexicocity #denver #zurich #hongkong #atlanta #stockholm #charlotte #paris #toronto #vancouver #sydney #melbourne #london #Johannesburg #munich #PRDM #ENG #DSGN #5 #LI-JK1