Agoda’s Customer Experience Group (CEG) is a 1,900+ strong organization spread globally across 9 countries in 4 continents. The Learning & Development (L&D) team is an organic part of CEG’s daily operations, owning new hires’ job readiness, on-the-job and continuous learning, and knowledge management. We also impact operations and customer experience through developmental activities.
The L&D Manager (East Asia) role leads CEG-wide learning solutions and initiatives that support business objectives and employee development. The L&D Manager will manage L&D Specialists and Sr. Specialists for our Chinese, Korean, and Japanese teams, and will provide them feedback and coaching as they work on L&D solutions and initiatives.
Success in the role will be measured by efficiencies gained and quality provided by CEG employees, primarily the trainers who report directly to the role as well as Operations staff, as evidenced by increased KPI scores. It will also be accountable for ensuring that market-specific customer care skills are incorporated into L&D solutions.
*** This position is open to international candidates. Relocation package and full visa sponsorship will be provided.***
Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Lead and manage global L&D and CEG initiatives through effective project management skills
- Lead and manage Leadership Development in the East Asia region.
- Analyze performance gaps and recommend solutions to close gaps related to knowledge, skills, and behavior
- Evaluate the effectiveness and impact of L&D programs in terms of improvements in KPIs or metrics
- Lead interactions between and collaborate with L&D staff, Operations, and other support teams to agree on and achieve L&D goals
- Customize L&D solutions according to Chinese, Korean, and Japanese market requirements
- Share best practices within L&D and with other key stakeholders as well as implement best practices from other regions
- Act as a mediator to answer the queries from management about L&D solutions and practices
- Provide feedback and coaching to trainers to help them work on their assigned tasks, achieve their KPIs, and implement their development plans
- Evaluate trainer performance and complete trainer performance reviews
- Plan and allocate trainer resources to ensure the L&D needs of the organization are met
- Has project management and planning skills as this will be key to the success of an L&D Manager
- Has good mentoring and coaching skills
- Has leadership qualities and the ability to supervise and guide L&D Specialists and Sr. Specialists
- Has good communication skills
- Able to transform the ideas of management and implement appropriate L&D solutions in the organization
- Has good analyzing skills and ability to tackle critical situations
- Able to maintain constructive work relationships with the employees of all departments; seniors as well as juniors
- Is goal-oriented and results-driven
- Must be a fluent speaker in English. Chinese Mandarin and Cantonese language skill is a plus
It is required for candidates to have at least 3 years of experience managing L&D teams and 5 years of experience in Customer Experience-related functions to be eligible for this role. Experience with Leadership Development training is a plus.
#shanghai #beijing #taipei #hongkong #kualalumpur #singapore #seoul #manila #TRNG #CUST #4 #LI-LH1