Director of Global Government Affairs
Agoda is a world-leading technology and on-line travel company with rapid global growth. Our mission is to help people experience the world. Our expansive office in Bangkok is home to more than 1,500 best-in-class professionals from 60+ nations who thrive within our culture of innovation, speed, and teamwork. As the company extends its reach with disruptive technology solutions, Agoda seeks a self-motivated, dynamic Global Government Affairs Director who can map and navigate formative regulatory environments in e-commerce, data, tax, fintech, and hospitality.
The Director (and Team) will collaborate with Agoda’s senior leadership, innovation, CSR, public affairs, and legal teams. Together they will set priorities and engage governments and stakeholders around the world to shape effective policies and open new entrepreneurial pathways in the fast-evolving margins of the digital economy.
The Director will be based in Bangkok with global responsibility and an initial focus on Asia. The successful candidate must have experience collaborating with government and industry stakeholders to shape policy outcomes that deliver business results. Equally important, since this is a wholly new department within Agoda, the Director must have passion, EQ, energy and vision. This is an uncommon entrepreneurial opportunity to conceive, build, and manage the framework, metrics, communication tools, and playbooks for this vitally important team.
The Director will work with local, regional, national, and supranational authorities and governments, industry associations, and others to help shape the policy environment and advocate solutions -- while at the same time protecting Agoda’s reputation and expanding the business. The role requires a nimble, culturally sensitive and professional attitude. Impeccable integrity essential.
Agoda is a dynamic and fast-changing workplace. We expect the person in this role to be flexible in his or her understanding of the role and to be able and willing to adapt, to add additional areas of focus, and to respond to changing organizational needs, viewing them as an opportunity to grow and develop a varied portfolio of career skills.
Key Attributes & Responsibilities
- 7+ years' experience in government, government affairs, public affairs, policy or related field – ideally some in technology/e-commerce/hospitality or fintech
- Low ego and collaborative mindset for the flat, open structures at Agoda.
- Build and structure the government affairs functions as a start-up unit
- Manage external consultants, with careful attention to value and budgets
- Analyze and author policy white papers and internal reports
- Develop engagement strategies, materials, and programs for senior leaders
- Design and deliver KPIs aligned with company priorities
- Asian experience and networks highly desirable
- Bachelor's degree from top university in any country; advanced degree preferred
- Impeccable verbal, written, data presentation, and interpersonal communication skills in English; strong competence in one or more Asian languages highly desirable
- Willingness to travel
#seattle #singapore #amsterdam #seoul #taipei #dublin #shanghai #newyork #sanfrancisco #beijing #shanghai #tokyo #hongkong #kualalumpur #LGL #5 #LI-AW1