Agoda is Asia’s leading online travel agency and we are always looking for the best talent available. By joining Agoda, you will become part of a truly international team, with leading experts of diverse backgrounds (multinationals, startup ups, media agencies and recent graduates) coming from 70+ countries around the world.
The role of Market Development Manager is to collaborate with various functional teams in Greater China to grow bookings, margin and market share to meet / exceed business targets.
In order to succeed, the individual would work across functions and locations to co-ordinate marketing activities, product development and process optimization to support Greater China markets – both outbound, inbound and domestic.
- Work closely with Partner Services teams, Marketing teams and Product teams to set and deliver business targets in Greater China
- Develop and run promotional campaigns with Performance marketing, Brand marketing, Partner Marketing, Product and Supply teams to coordinate push for focus segments/routes during specific periods, monitor outcomes and iterate to drive growth.
- Track performance metrics and drivers of the business for Greater China markets. Propose improvement plans and ‘experiments’ to run to drive growth and profitability
- Identify & prioritize issues impacting performance and work closely with relevant teams to address, providing analytical support and develop action plans collaboratively
- Coordinate with Operations teams in various departments in Bangkok to develop and implement processes for planned actions.
- Track competitive dynamics in the markets, spot trends to develop strategy
- Investigate and prioritize issues that has been raised in Greater China market, and work across different departments to resolve
- Visit in market teams to understand best practices and pain points in Greater China markets in order to develop practical action plans for implementation
- Seek out and share knowledge / best practices across different markets, roll out scalable solutions
- Verify, analyze, and understand available data and reports; work with Product and Data team to develop actionable data and reports
- Provide regular updates on Greater China market performance to Senior Leadership Team
- Minimum 5 years of experience in management consulting or market strategy with online / eCommerce Company
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree/ MBA preferred
- Experience in Greater China Market preferred
- Analytical and proven track record in using data to measure performance and make decisions
- Excellent communicator with superior written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Fluent in both English and Mandarin
Agoda is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status and other legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
#shanghai #MRKT #3 #LI-MP2