Working Location: Singapore
Do you love to code? Do you want to learn about Big-Data, functional programming, machine learning, distributed systems? Do you want to be part of an awesome multi-national engineering team?
Our Singapore team is seeking passionate engineers to build products across our next gen data platform products.
As a software engineer you'll have direct impact on our systems that scale across multiple data centers, totaling a few million writes per second and managing petabytes of data. We deal with problems from real-time data-ingestion, replication, enrichment, storage and analytics. We are not just using Big Data technologies, we are pushing them to the edge. You will be involved in the whole cycle of product development, from design and choice of technology, to development, planning and iterative improvements.
Agoda is the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia. And as a Booking Holdings (BKNG) company, the world’s leading provider of brands that help people book great experiences through technology, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world. We have the dynamism and short chain of command of a startup and the capital to make things happen. In this competitive world of online travel agencies, finding even the slightest advantage in the data can make or break a company. That is why we put data systems in our top priorities.
At Agoda we don't just love technology, we live technology. Our culture values constant learning, experimenting, fail fast, and having fun. We are looking for passionate engineers to join our engineering family.
- Design solutions used by millions of people every day.
- Big Data and Machine Learning processing pipelines
- Constantly look for ways to improve our products, code-base and development practices
- Write great code and help others write great code
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems/Engineering/related field or relevant experience
- 4+ years of industry experience, including software development experience
- Strong coding ability in Scala, Java, C/C++, C#, or Python
- Experience or willingness to learn Scala/Spark/Kafka and related technologies (if not already known)
- Able to quickly and effectively read code
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Ability to separate hype from reality
- Any experience with ‘Big Data’ technologies / tools
- Strong experience in JVM languages (Java / Scala in particular)
- Experience working with Lambda Architectures
- Experience working with open source products
- Working in an agile environment using test driven methodologies.
- Experience using Git
A few of the technologies we use
Scala, Spark, Impala, Kafka, Monix, Play, Couchbase, RabbitMQ, Spray, Hadoop, Kibana, ElasticSearch, Yarn, Akka, Sensu, Redis, Python, Cassandra, Postgres, OpenStack, Logstash, Vertica, Grafana, Go.
We welcome both local and international applications for this role. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates.
#singapore #ENG #IT #4 #LI-PK1