Working Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Senior Database Administrator NoSQL (DBA)
As a part of the NoSQL database operations team, a candidate is responsible for administrating NoSQL data engine including provisioning new cluster, performance tuning, monitoring and supporting 24x7 in production database.
- Administrate, provision, proactive and re-active monitor with 800+ database instances in order to provide 24x7 uptime and availability across multiple datacenters
- Fundamental understanding of SQL and NoSQL core concept
- Deploy database changes and first line database support
- Troubleshooting database issue and performance tuning
- Communicating and reviewing database solutions, technical, applications with Operations Staff and Application Developers to ensure scalability, integrity and security of database.
- Collaborate with others team to solve technical issues
- Research, test, evaluate and recommend NoSQL solutions (existing & emerging) with match for best use cases.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in computer science or any related fields
- Minimum 3 years experiences in NoSQL Database administration
- Mid-level to expert within one or more of the following NoSQL data engine technology (Cassandra, Couchbase or Elasticsearch)
- Minimum 3 years experiences in Linux environment and database administrator role
- Hand-on experience with database monitoring for proactive and re-active is a plus
- Willing to learn new data engine technology such as Cassandra, Couchbase, Elastic Stacks and Aerospike.
- Willing to always improve performing database administrator task in effective and smart way.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new environments well
- Be able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Be the good team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team-oriented environment
- Support on-call rotation 24x7
- Good English communication skill
Highly desirable advantage skills:
- Expert in one or more of Cassandra, Couchbase, Elasticsearch, Graphite, Aerospike, Redis, Ignite
- Automate deployment by using Puppet, Ansible
- Development automate operation tasks with Shell Script, Python
- Consul, Docker, Kubernetes, Openstack
- MS SQL Server, Vertica, ORACLE, DB2, Sybase
- Linux system administration
#london #taipei #madrid #seoul #capetown #warsaw #amsterdam #tokyo #budapest #hongkong #dublin #paris #prague #beijing #sydney #hcmc #london #munich #telaviv #melbourne #newyork #sanfrancisco #losangeles #shanghai #ENG #IT #4 #LI-PK1