Please note this role is based in BANGKOK, Thailand! We provide full relocation packages for you and your family.
- Agoda is one of the biggest OTAs in Asia and is part of the Booking Holdings Group (NASDAQ: BKNG), the world’s largest online travel business (100B$ Market Cap) with over 2 Million properties listed
- We have 4000+ employees, 70 nationalities, 40+ offices, and 1000 people in technology
- Our mobile team consists of 100+ amazing engineers and technology professionals who consistently improve an already world class product. Here is some information about our App…
- We support 38 languages and 50 currencies
- We are loved by our users with a rating of 4.6/4.7 and have been awarded the Editor’s Choice in the Google Play store
- We have over 15,000 unit tests, 900 automated UI tests, and release every week
About the Role
We are looking for a hands-on Development Manager who has unique knowledge and abilities to contribute to our highly scaled mobile applications. You must be a strong leader who can guide our staff beyond our already high standards of engineering to the next level.
The development manager role at Agoda is one of the most significant and challenging roles at the company. The right candidate is both extremely hands on – technically excellent, with solid engineering principles – and exhibits strong leadership and people development skills. We are looking for world class development managers to lead one or more of our engineering teams.
- Maintain ownership and responsibility of mission critical systems.
- Guide one or more Agile teams to success.
- Get involved with full stack engineering and guide server, client, and infrastructure technical staff to the best solution.
- Directly manage between 5 and 10 technology professionals and be responsible for their performance at the company.
- At least 3 years of experience managing engineering teams of 3 people and more, 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- B.S. in Computer Science or quantitative field; M.S. preferred
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Extremely proficient in one or more mobile platforms (iOS, Android, Web)
- Extremely proficient in modern mobile and server coding and design practices. For example, VIPER, MVVM, MVP, SOLID principals, and TDD
- Strong experience in systems architecture – particularly in complex, scalable and fault tolerant distributed systems
If you feel you are the right candidate get in touch! Agoda is full of like-minded people who demand success, reach for it, and succeed!
This job is based in Bangkok and would require you to join our Bangkok office. We welcome both local and international applications for this role. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available.
Agoda is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.