Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers across the globe.
Headquartered in Asia, Agoda is one of the world’s largest online travel accommodation platforms. Founded in 2005 and now part of Booking Holdings (Nasdaq: BKNG), Agoda has a network of over 2,000,000 vacation rentals and hotels worldwide. Our web and mobile products provide a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers. Agoda employs over 4,000 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe. In every department – from engineering to customer experience – we provide an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter. At Agoda, we believe our people are our strength. We work hard and have fun, and we choose people who are dedicated to making things great.
We have a simple goal for a brand: to create the kind of brand and brand advertising that stands out and excites people, and in doing so creates business.
As you’d expect of a tech company built on performance marketing and product A/B testing, analytics are fundamental to our day to day lives. But the world of brand building and creativity pushes that mindset to its limits. How should you judge ROI when you are building a brand over the long term and attribution is complex? How do you evaluate the varying impact of different channels and different creative? How do you judge the power of emotional creativity as a direct contributor to business performance? There are so many questions we need to get better at answering as we build our brand story.
And we’ll be doing this with a range of creative materials, from big campaigns in major markets through to everyday always-on social media activity. There will be lots to consider as we relentlessly seek to get better and we need a creative, energetic, entrepreneurial analyst to help us do that.
What you’ll bring
A curious, proactive analyst’s mindset, excited about working with creative brand builders.
A love of analyzing billions of actions from millions of travelers choosing from thousands and thousands of properties.
Someone who can both respond to a brief and make it better and someone who is so engaged in the team’s activities that they proactively identify what else can be done, what the new briefs are.
Specifically, using statistical and data, and modeling techniques:
- Evaluate brand campaigns and our social output and to identify ways to optimize our output in the short and long term
- Be imaginative about experiments we can learn from
- Work with the team to develop a better understanding of our customers and the varying segments that make it up.
- Provide solid foundations to the future strategies we develop for brand marketing.
- Identify new ideas about brand marketing and make sure the team buy into that thinking.
- Do this in a way that is sensitive to the subtleties of brand building and developing creative assets.
- Communicating your findings using impactful visualizations. Distill learnings instead of just reporting numbers. Know which data matters and which does not.
- Data stories are a great basis for modern PR: help us find these stories in our own travel data.
- Help set meaningful KPI for brand marketing - and help us achieve them.
What makes the challenge interesting
We’ve only just begun. We’ve been using brand marketing for a little over a year and the person who fills this role will be central to making us better.
We move fast. We are taking brand creative to market constantly, in all sorts of formats, and a number of markets. You’ll be able to make a difference quickly, contributing ideas and shaping our thinking.
We live travel. What we talk about everyday is independent travel. What’s not to love about travel. You’d live in Bangkok, be close to some great travelling experiences. It’s a category that is growing quickly and that innovates quickly. In short, it’s enormously stimulating.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Expert in at least one data analysis package, e.g., SAS, R, SPSS, Python or VBA
- Can extract data from large databases, e.g. SQL Server, Vertica
- Can analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets using different techniques and tools such as R studio or Tableau
- Able to conduct statistical analysis or experimentation with a business focus
- Skilled Excel user. Able to understand and build complex spreadsheets
- Organized; can manage multiple, competing priorities and deliver results under tight deadlines and pressure
- Confident communicating with people of differing levels of seniority, analytical understanding and from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Able to communicate fluently in English both spoken and written – additional languages are a plus
- Bachelor Degree or higher that included mathematics, statistics, data science or a similar field
- 6+ years of relevant experience, preferably working with large datasets and experimentation
Agoda is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status and other legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.