Agoda is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing online travel agents. Coming from over 70+ countries, our 4,500+ person team is young, energetic, and hyper-focused on every last detail of the internet. Our parent company, Booking Holdings, owns several other premier travel brands, including Kayak, RocketMiles, Booking.com and Rentalcars.com, making us by far the largest and fastest growing travel portfolio in the world. But in keeping with the group’s focus on entrepreneurialism, each brand operates totally independently, allowing us to experiment and move fast. Given our culture of rapid innovation, work equals learning. Nobody ever has all the answers and we learn by trying and getting feedback, sharing what we learn.
We are currently seeking to hire a Talent Management Specialist. This role will be based in our Bangkok office as part of the Agoda Talent Development team. The role has a global reach. The Talent Development team covers careers end-to-end, including talent management, performance management, and learning. It has a unique function in ensuring the best possible development of all our people, without taking ownership for development away from employees and their managers. As such we are a team of professionals who advise and enable teams throughout the organization to work on development. We set challenging targets, co-create content, co-facilitate, teach others to teach and coach, and provide systems to scale, measure, and exchange learning.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
The objective of this role is extending and refining how we drive talent engagement and performance management at Agoda. We continue to improve how we hire, develop and retain employees over the entire employee lifecycle end-to-end through the collection and analysis of talent management data and in close partnership with the senior management of Agoda. This role will encompass how we define career progression, employee sentiment and engagement, and how we both empower and assess our manager’s critical role in hiring, managing, and developing employees. Senior managers are key stakeholders in this ongoing work. This role allows for unbridled curiosity towards the functioning of the organization and how we can continuously improve.
- Evolve our talent strategy by measuring and generating insights from demographic and performance data, employee surveys (onboarding, engagement, exit) and deep engagement in business strategy
- Continuously monitor and improve how we manage performance across the company through ongoing experimentation and measurement in consultation with senior managers
- Improve how we segment our employees by role, function and career progression to support ongoing development of individual and organizational capability
- Generate insights and recommendations that lead to targeted improvements in manager capability
- Partner with senior managers around the globe to understand business and talent priorities, assess macro trends, and dive deep into the behaviors of employee segments and organizations.
- Consult with and guide our various departments
- Design and develop learning programs and content in line with emerging departmental needs and leadership development
- Be a role model on best practice to department managers on facilitation and training techniques
- Track and measure success and impact on the business
For more information on how we work within the organization, see this article: http://www.mckinsey.com/business-functions/organization/our-insights/toward-a-new-hr-philosophy.
Experience that can contribute to success in the role includes business and strategic consulting, writing, facilitation, coaching, management and running fast moving tech companies and startups. Familiarity with instructional and organizational design is helpful. (We are not looking for someone who manages outsourced training or someone without program design capability.)
Consulting and managing change is a pro. Managerial experience is another pro. IT/internet business experience is too. An ability to bring perspectives from various sides of the business and facilitate outcomes is more important than extensive experience in HR L&D area.
Undergraduate degree from a top university expected; advanced degrees welcome. It is critically important to be smart, self-motivated, curious, energetic, hands-on, and adaptive. Flexibility and a sense of humor are a must.
This position is open to worldwide and local candidates and we will assist you with a generous relocation package and visa sponsorship ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Bangkok.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE, we have a strict PSL in place and we will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Greenhouse portal.
Candidate CV's not submitted through our Greenhouse portal or submitted directly through to managers or HR will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable.
We thank you for your cooperation in this matter.