Trust is hard-earned but quickly lost. Fraud is one of the fastest ways to erode trust. Customers need to be able to trust that a property they book will give them a high level of satisfaction. We also need to have safeguards to protect ourselves from scammers, organized fraud rings, and other bad actors while minimizing the impact to legitimate customers. We need to do this in a scalable manner in an always-on world.
As Supply Fraud Product Owner, you would lead our efforts to scalably combat supply fraud. This may include algorithmically and procedurally identifying fake properties, combatting scams and nefarious activities, and disrupting crime.
This role is based at Bangkok, Thailand.
A Product Owner will see the big picture and the small detail at the same time. He or she will understand the broad needs of the business, scan the supply fraud technology landscape, spot trends and technical developments and update the product roadmap as needed. At the same time, he or she will understand every detail of the product from design to functionality to usability.
Agoda is an online hotel and accommodation booking website part of the Booking Holdings Group (alongside Kayak, booking.com, rentalcars.com, and others), which is by far the largest and fastest growing travel portfolio in the world. The best part is that each brand operates independently, meaning we have the resources of a big enterprise, but the mentality of an entrepreneurial startup.
- Develop and continuously adapt the product strategy and vision for managing and preventing supply fraud
- Research to understand the market and stay abreast of the latest technologies and solutions for mitigating risk, then evaluate risks and tradeoffs
- Build and maintain a fraud roadmap to achieve the business objectives in a scalable manner
- Work closely with data scientists, fraud analysts, designers, researchers, and engineers to build the fraud tools in an agile manner
- Create detailed user stories that capture the business requirements in sufficient detail to be effectively built
- Set KPIs to track and monitor the success and impact of fraud initiatives and communicate changes across organization
- Coordinate with supply fraud team to catch fraudulent actors
- Proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
- Comfort for working with data scientists and analysts
- Enjoyment for working in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- Passion for web design, functionality and testing
- Enthusiasm to develop engineered processes and technologies and to apply innovative solutions to make organizational improvements while encouraging creative thinking and innovation
- Ability to motivate and inspire development teams to achieve beyond what they imagined possible
- Penchant for entrepreneurship and analytics
- Experience with the latest internet trends and technologies
- Degree in advanced Math, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of product management experience, with preference for experience in supply fraud prevention/detection
Ideal candidates may have:
- Supply, payments, risk, or security experience
- Built distributed systems using machine learning and decision trees
- Used internal and external APIs
- Background in data analysis and comfort using SQL/Hive/R technologies
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies and skill sets:
- Relentless curiosity and an urge to innovate, measure and improve
- Openness to change and new information
- Hands-on mentality