Agoda’s Data Analytics Department works on some of the most challenging and fascinating problems in the hotel & accommodation online booking sector. With the objective of leading to smarter decisions, products, processes and organizational structure. We apply anything from simple excel analysis and simulation to sophisticated machine learning algorithms, we even have a dev team dedicated to provide you with the tools you need, we use our huge datasets to push our business metrics to their bounds, directly and indirectly. We foster a culture where we enjoy raising the bar constantly for ourselves and others, and that strongly supports the freedom to explore and innovate.
The Head of Analytics leads the data analytics department in the development of a departmental culture, policies, and strategy. The role will involve the Head of Analytics getting his hands dirty and solving hard analytical problems for the business, working directly with the heads of the business departments.
- As the Head of Data Analytics, you will lead and build a team of data analysts needed to solve the business challenges within Agoda
- Leveraging data to help the business answer questions around further expansion, products, process optimization, cost optimization, customer acquisition/retention/churn and any other business goals that can be addressed through data insights.
- Build, validate, test, and deploy machine learning or other data science models to predict and influence the behavior of consumers with the goal of optimizing products & processes.
- Develop a deep behavioral understanding and intuition of users and translate these intuitions into actions.
- Manage and own the entire end-to-end lifecycle of designing models, working with Engineering for implementation, to maintenance and enforcement
- Work independently or in a team to solve complex problem statements
- Test and validate insights via rapid experimentation and deployment
- Interface with business & operation teams to formulate solutions & product changes informed by your findings
The must haves:
- Vast analytical problem solving capabilities & experience
- Experience in leading a team of analysts preferably in an ecommerce, banking, advertising or management consulting environment
- Statistical knowledge and programming capabilities in languages like R, Python, Java, C++ or SAS
- Extremely proficient in SQL
- Strong understanding and implementation experience of predictive modeling algorithms such as regressions, time series, neural networks, clustering, decision trees and heuristic models, with familiarity dealing with tradeoffs between model performance and business needs
- Experience in interfacing with other teams and departments to deliver impact solutions for organization.
- Have the ability to layout the Analytics agenda for the organization to drive growth and revenue using a structured approach
- Business Acumen
- The ability to convey complex solutions to the layman person
- Bias for action
- Results orientation
- Advanced degree (MSc/PhD) in Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Operations Research, Physics or Mathematics/Statistics preferred.
We welcome application's from local and international candidates, we offer full relocation and visa sponsorship for the successful person.