Agilisys is an employee owned organisation that delivers success through innovation, working with public sector partners to help them transform services that make a real difference to millions of people across the UK. We are one of the UK's most innovative IT services providers, delivering transformation through a suite of world-class citizen-centric technology products as well as centres of operational excellence around the UK.
As a member of the Projects team and you will be responsible for the management and successful delivery of a number of small, medium and some large projects within the BAU Projects portfolio.
Reporting to the Head of Projects you will be accountable for driving successful delivery of projects to a high quality, and to time and budget. Working to the standards set in the Agilisys methodology, you will be expected to work to maximise the commercial success of the projects you will lead, and manage the stakeholders, clients and project deliverables to help you achieve this.
- Plan, monitor and manage multiple projects and lead project teams through all phases of the project lifecycle to time and quality indicators.
- Effectively develop and manage stakeholder relationships and customer expectations in the delivery of projects, demonstrated through high satisfaction scores in customer feedback.
- Ensure commercial assurance of projects through the effective review and monitoring of projects and programmes within the account from proposal stage.
- Manage the production of the required commercial outcomes, whilst ensuring the delivery teams meet the technical and quality standards expected while ensuring the same levels of quality within the client’s portfolio.
- Ensure customer billing is executed as per the parameters defined within the contractual obligations and commercials are managed appropriately.
- Maintain a high level of utilisation through billable project delivery activity.
- Manage and ensure all aspects of a project lifecycle are delivered within the client’s portfolio, including but not limited to:
- Developing project plans including resource and cost estimates for the delivery teams
- Actively use Projects Hub for all project related artefacts
- Managing project issues and risks (including the development of issue resolution and risk mitigation plans);
- Forecasting and managing resources with local PMO function
- Change control and configuration management
- Customer and internal reporting through agreed reporting lines both in status presentations and highlight reports;
- Manage the goods and services provided by third party suppliers;
- Passion and enthusiasm to drive and deliver business improvement, demonstrating initiative and commerciality in achieving results.
- Successfully passed PRINCE2 at Foundation and Practitioner level.
- Detailed knowledge of an industry recognised project management methodologies in addition to PRINCE2.
- Competent in the use and application of MS Project and MS Excel functionality.
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects simultaneously and delivering business benefit to the client.
- Demonstrable experience of budget management and commercial performance management against targets.
- Demonstrable client, team and stakeholder engagement and communication skills.
- Ability to engage in a culture of continuous learning and development.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in all aspects of the project lifecycle.
- Ability to agree and baseline customer requirements through effective stakeholder engagement.
- Demonstrable experience of effective leadership within a customer facing projects unit.
- Proven experience of effectively coaching, mentoring and motivating project teams.
- Understanding of core project financial disciplines such as profit and loss accounting, revenue, cost and cash flow forecasting.