As a member of the Central Projects Unit, you will be responsible for the management and successful delivery of several projects within the Digital Transformation (DigiT) portfolio. Working autonomously to deliver high profile projects, you will be accountable for driving successful delivery of projects to a high quality within agreed timescales and budget. Working to the standards set in the Agilisys methodology, you will be expected to maximise the commercial success of the projects. You will lead and manage project stakeholders, clients, internal and 3rd party resources responsible for project deliverables in order to achieve this.
- Plan, monitor and manage multiple projects and lead project teams through all phases of the project lifecycle to time and quality indicators.
- Effectively develop and manage stakeholder relationships and customer expectations in the delivery of projects, demonstrated through high satisfaction scores in customer feedback.
- Ensure commercial assurance of projects through the effective review and monitoring of projects and programmes within the account from proposal stage.
- Manage the production of the required commercial outcomes, whilst ensuring the delivery teams meet the technical and quality standards expected while ensuring the same levels of quality within the client’s portfolio.
- Ensure customer billing is executed as per the parameters defined within the contractual obligations and commercials are managed appropriately.
- Maintain a high level of utilisation through billable project delivery activity.
- Manage and ensure all aspects of a project lifecycle are delivered within the client’s portfolio, including but not limited to:
- Developing project plans including resource and cost estimates for the delivery teams
- Actively use Projects Hub for all project related artefacts
- Managing project issues and risks (including the development of issue resolution and risk mitigation plans);
- Forecasting and managing resources with local PMO function
- Change control and configuration management
- Customer and internal reporting through agreed reporting lines both in status presentations and highlight reports;
- Manage the goods and services provided by third party suppliers;
- Passion and enthusiasm to drive and deliver business improvement, demonstrating initiative and commerciality in achieving results.
- Successfully passed PRINCE2 at Foundation and Practitioner level.
- Detailed knowledge of an industry recognised project management methodologies in addition to PRINCE2.
- Competent in the use and application of MS Project and MS Excel functionality.
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects simultaneously and delivering business benefit to the client.
- Demonstrable experience of budget management and commercial performance management against targets.
- Current and up to date knowledge of the major trends within the market which drive the transformation required to meet the strategic agenda of clients.
- Demonstrable client, team and stakeholder engagement and communication skills.
- Ability to engage in a culture of continuous learning and development.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in all aspects of the project lifecycle.
- Ability to agree and baseline customer requirements through effective stakeholder engagement.
- Domain knowledge in local government and their lines of business is desirable.
- Demonstrable experience of effective leadership within a customer facing projects unit.
- Proven experience of effectively coaching, mentoring and motivating project teams.
- Excellent understanding of core project financial disciplines such as profit and loss accounting, revenue, cost and cash flow forecasting.
What's in it for you?
Agilisys is an equal opportunities employer, seeking to employ a workforce that reflects and incorporates the talents of our diverse community.
We are committed to building a culture that recognises the value of diversity among our people, and where everyone feels included and valued irrespective and indeed because of their differences. We endeavour to ensure that everyone is treated with fairness, dignity, and respect and that they can perform at their very best.
We are a member of the Digital Inclusion Charter - a public commitment by digital organisations to help more people go digital. In addition, we are a signatory of the Tech Talent Charter, which means that we have made a number of pledges in relation to our approach to recruitment and retention. Our unique employee-owned status also allows our employees to have greater engagement and ownership in ensuring Agilisys is an inclusive organisation.