Out of Hours Customer Services Officer
With a starting salary of £20,904, rising to £23,478 per annum based on a full time post (37.5 hours per week), this role will involve taking a variety of calls on behalf of several Local Authority and Housing Association clients. The successful candidate/s will be assisting service users and residents in identifying and resolving the problems they present.
This can range from signposting customers to external agencies to pro-actively finding resolutions for residents within any of the Boroughs we support.
You will be working as part of an Out of Hours team and therefore will need to take a flexible approach to your working hours.
Working from our offices in Rochdale, successful candidate of the full time positions will be required to work as part of a 7 week rotational shift pattern covering the following hours:
We also have part time positions available covering the following hours:
Experience of handling calls on behalf of a local authority or a good understanding of housing/social care is desirable.
- A good understanding of either Social Care services or the social housing sector is desirable but not essential
- A background in handling calls for either emergency repairs or social care would be an advantage
- Experience in handling Emergency calls and triage is also desirable but not essential
- Office administration experience
- Experience dealing with vulnerable/distressed callers in emergency situations.
- Excellence in maintaining a high standard of customer service professionalism under tense scenarios by callers who may be in the situation for the first time.
Skills and Abilities
- Literacy and numeracy skills.
- Computer literacy – ability to use multiple remote desktops and platforms.
- Producing reports including non-standard reports, using Dynamics 365 package, Excel spreadsheet’s and database applications.
- Interpersonal, organisational, and administrative skills.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to achieve deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to investigate complex queries within set guidelines and follow set process led procedures.
- Ability and willingness to take a proactive approach to work and training needs.
- Ability to monitor own workload and process accurate information until completion.
- Commitment to equalities and the promotion of diversity in all aspects of working.
- Polite and professional sounding tone, ability to best progress the client’s needs and expectations whilst remaining impartial and professional throughout.
- Ability and willingness to self-develop at a natural visibly progressing pace.
- Knowledge of the services provided by Agilisys OOH’s and detailed knowledge of services provided by the team
- Knowledge of a range of IT systems
- Awareness of Data Protection and confidentiality issues
- Staff will be expected to have an awareness of working within guidelines and processes.
What's in it for you?
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the EOT
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers with a variety of retail providers through Agilisys “Perks at Work” scheme.
Agilisys operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.