Agilisys, an Employee Owned organisation, is one of the UK’s most innovative IT and business software and services providers, helping our clients to transform their businesses through a suite of citizen-centric technology products. We deliver success through innovation, working with public sector partners to help them transform services that make a real difference to millions of people across the UK.
Located at the Service Centre in Rochdale, you will provide a quality technical first-line service to all customers of the Agilisys Managed Services section. The role will be responsible for the recording of all incidents, service requests and requests for change (RFCs) that come to the Service Desk via phone or email, aiming to satisfactorily resolve 75% of incidents received, demonstrating an end-to-end customer service focused approach to call management.
Core hours are between Monday-Friday 8am-6pm on a shift basis, however, as the Service Desk is a 24/7 there may be some requirement to cover some weekend and night shifts on a rota basis.
As part of this role we will process a Security Clearance check on behalf of our client organisation. Further details will be discussed during the recruitment/onboarding process.
- Work on the ICT Service Desk, accurately recording all calls offered by either phone or email into the Service Management Tool (SMT).
- Communicate with user by phone, email and via intranet
- Deliver a high standard of customer care, by taking ownership of incidents
- Take part in IT service improvement
- Provide technically accurate solutions to users and customers.
- Aim to resolve 75% of incidents at first point of contact (75% first time fix), with or without the aid of remote control software.
- Maintain the accuracy of the SMT and related databases by updating new user information, relocations etc.
- Update the Knowledgebase by adding articles and supplying new documentation where appropriate.
- Continuous communication with internal customers to provide updates on incident resolution
- Liaise directly with external maintenance suppliers
Skills and Experience
- Experience of working within a customer service environment, preferably within IT
- Good problem-solving aptitude and skills.
- A positive analytical attitude to support process and performance improvement.
- Ability to diagnose technical faults quickly and accurately over the telephone, using the remote assistance tools and techniques available.
- Knowledge of current Microsoft Windows computer operating systems.
- Knowledge of hardware and systems software installation and support.
- Knowledge of PC hardware components and peripherals.
- Knowledge of standard business applications e.g. current Microsoft Office suites, popular web browsers, Microsoft Exchange email clients.
What’s in it for you?
We’re based across the UK operating out of various customer sites, with London being our company headquarters. We offer flexible working and a great corporate benefits scheme:
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the Employee Benefits Trust
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy more)
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers with a variety of retail providers through Agilisys “Perks at Work” scheme
Agilisys is an equal opportunities employer, seeking to employ a workforce that reflects and incorporates the talents of our diverse community.
We are committed to building a culture that recognises the value of diversity among our people, and where everyone feels included and valued irrespective and indeed because of their differences. We endeavor to ensure that everyone is treated with fairness, dignity, and respect and that they can perform at their very best.
We are a member of the Digital Inclusion Charter - a public commitment by digital organisations to help more people go digital. In addition, we are a signatory of the Tech Talent Charter, which means that we have made a number of pledges in relation to our approach to recruitment and retention. Our unique employee-owned status also allows our employees to have greater engagement and ownership in ensuring Agilisys is an inclusive organisation.
While we've made some great progress so far, we know that there is still more to do. We are continuously looking for ways to further strengthen our culture of inclusion and diversify our workforce.