The Agilisys Cloud Practice is growing rapidly and sits at the heart of how Agilisys is seeking to become the “Technology Partner of Choice for the UK Public Sector.” We are looking for an individual that can lead and build an effective discovery, licensing and optimisation capability for our clients whilst embodying the core Agilisys values of Partnership, Integrity, Innovation and Passion.
The AWS Service Lead is a critical role as we continue to grow our presence in both cloud and hybrid-cloud market and scale our operations. In this position, you will be responsible for maintaining and optimising our compute platforms & infrastructure with a focus on private cloud hosting platforms and local client infrastructure. You will manage operational services across our LRG, Health and Police customers and continue to optimise and improve these services to exceed customer expectations.
The key responsibilities are:
- Provide operational leadership to ensure services are reliable, consistent and fit for purpose.
- Lead the delivery of AWS services across our client portfolio, ensuring we meet and exceed our customer expectations
- Ensure the operational services meet contractual SLAs and KPIs
- Ownership and delivery of operational processes including capacity management, monitoring/patching and reporting as well as incident, problem and change management processes.
- Stay current with developments in emerging AWS trends and innovations and support the deployment of emerging services into our customer environments
- Working closely with the private cloud and Azure delivery teams to seek continual service improvement opportunities
- Regularly review IT costs and cost structures for IT services and products so that the financial implications of IT projects and activities are communicated to the proper IT and business executives.
What we are looking for
- A strong operational delivery background in technology delivery with experience across public (AWS) and private cloud delivery to include governance, supplier and financial management.
- Preferably an AWS architect certification
- Linux / Solaris system administration
- A desire for leadership and management skills, passionate about inspiring and developing teams, motivating them to achieve success.
- Proven credibility in influencing others and ability to develop trusted relationships.
- Proven experience of demonstrating and embedding good industry practices and behaviours
- Strong industry relationships with suppliers and providers
- Willingness to travel across the UK and further afield as required.
What’s in it for you?
Agilisys offers a cohesive work culture involving a multitude of backgrounds that promotes diverse ideas to contribute to strong solutions. As part of one of the Top EOT’s in the UK, we value reinvesting in our employees with opportunities for career growth and benefits that ultimately reinforce the integrity of the company. On top of that we offer flexible working and an attractive corporate benefits scheme:
- Positive Work/Life Balance
- Pension Scheme
- 25 days of annual leave
- Healthy Work Environment
- Life Assurance
- Health insurance
- Flexible working
- Agilisys “Perks at Work” scheme- Exclusive Discounts/Offers at Various Retailors such as:
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Dental Cover
Agilisys is an equal opportunities employer, seeking to employ a workforce that reflects and incorporates the talents of our diverse community.
We are committed to building a culture that recognises the value of diversity among our people, and where everyone feels included and valued irrespective and indeed because of their differences. We endeavor to ensure that everyone is treated with fairness, dignity, and respect and that they can perform at their very best.
We are a member of the Digital Inclusion Charter - a public commitment by digital organisations to help more people go digital. In addition, we are a signatory of the Tech Talent Charter, which means that we have made a number of pledges in relation to our approach to recruitment and retention. Our unique employee-owned status also allows our employees to have greater engagement and ownership in ensuring Agilisys is an inclusive organisation.