Agilisys are seeking a Commercial and Pricing Manager to join our Finance team.
In this will role you will lead the commercial pricing work stream of a cross-functional bid response team, the Pricing Manager is responsible for structuring deals to achieve the right outcome for Agilisys and the customer. This includes the production of the financial elements of complex bid proposals. The CPM’s role is primarily focused on driving and optimising the financials, commercials and pricing strategy Agilisys’ offer whilst ensuring associated material financial risks and considerations are captured and communicated to the approval authorities.
The role will also support the overall Pricing & Bid agenda driving through improvements in the underlying processes as part of the Continuous Improvement programme. Occasionally, this role will require to deputise for the commercial and pricing director in his absence.
- Work closely with bid teams consisting of sales, technical, service design, legal and product specialists, to accurately price new business proposals in accordance with Customer tender requirements.
- Utilising a team to help with the modelling of the underlying bid financials, the CPM will own the pricing and commercial aspects of the customer response, covering:
- modelling of complex pricing structures and customer billing models
- risk assessment and quantification (delivery, cashflow, termination, TUPE etc.)
- scenario and sensitivity analysis
- finance related contract schedules, pricing mechanisms and templates
- proposal document input and pricing presentation
- price to win analysis.
- Develop a working knowledge of the Agilisys (Excel based) bid pricing tools and be prepared to own and produce elements of larger complex bids as necessary:
- Aggregation of internal and external cost quotations (primarily Excel based) covering multiple product offerings and Service Towers.
- Creation of dynamic cost and pricing models, building flexibility to present multiple options/scenarios and efficiently accommodate changing requirements within the time constraints of the bid cycle for you?
- Influence bid teams on key commercial aspects (for example: delivery penalties, discount structures, billing models and cashflow optimisation, contract termination provisions) and pricing strategy.
- Create innovative pricing and commercial mechanisms balancing Internal risk and reward with Customer requirements.
- Proactive approach to understanding the basis, underlying assumptions, and drivers of Agilisys offering, ensuring these are aligned with Customer requirements (pricing structures, budget) and clearly communicated in Agilisys offer documents where required.
- Robust challenge of cost base and assumptions to ensure accuracy and completeness against design, capture material errors and omissions and ensure risk exposures are correctly reflected in Agilisys’ financials.
- Cross functional engagement (group finance, product specialists) where necessary to ensure correct accounting treatments applied and risks identified and mitigated.
- Preparation and presentation (up to Agilisys Board level) of briefing papers and analysis ensuring decisions are taken in an open and honest way with full transparency of numbers and issues.
- Providing, where required, customer facing support in both the presentation of Agilisys offers and contract negotiations.
- Identify and initiate continuous improvement activities. Then lead or support teams to drive these through to the overall benefit of Pricing team and wider business.
How will you stand out?
- Established commercial background. Previous experience in customer facing and bid roles is essential.
- IT Managed and professional service sector experience.
- Qualified Accountant with current technical knowledge or strong academic background.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Credibility and confidence to deal with sales and business development teams.
- Proven track record in delivering bids on time.
- Expert MS Excel skills
- Strong MS PowerPoint skills
- Good communication skills
What's in it for you?
We’re based across the UK operating out of various customer sites, with London being our company headquarters. We offer flexible working and a great corporate benefits scheme:
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the Employee Benefits Trust
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy more)
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers with a variety of retail providers through Agilisys “Perks at Work” scheme
Agilisys is an equal opportunities employer, seeking to employ a workforce that reflects and incorporates the talents of our diverse community.
We are committed to building a culture that recognises the value of diversity among our people, and where everyone feels included and valued irrespective and indeed because of their differences. We endeavour to ensure that everyone is treated with fairness, dignity, and respect and that they can perform at their very best.
We are a member of the Digital Inclusion Charter - a public commitment by digital organisations to help more people go digital. In addition, we are a signatory of the Tech Talent Charter, which means that we have made a number of pledges in relation to our approach to recruitment and retention. Our unique employee-owned status also allows our employees to have greater engagement and ownership in ensuring Agilisys is an inclusive organisation.
While we've made some significant progress so far, we know that there is still more to do. We are continuously looking for ways to strengthen our culture of inclusion further and diversify our workforce.