Our Managing Consultants are key to our business. They own and develop relationships with clients, and solve their business challenges, disrupting established thinking and improving results. Harnessing the best of Agilisys’ expertise, our Managing Consultants enable businesses to make effective strategic decisions and act on them. Taking responsibility for the production of a compelling, robust and commercially sound proposal for developing and delivering a service that supports the ongoing delivery of a programme of digital transformation for a large public sector client. Specifically, these roles is looking for people with deep understanding and experience of delivery within a Police or similar law enforcement setting.
- Lead service design activities across a programme, connecting frontline service delivery with technology enablement through coordination and training. Manage relationships with core stakeholders with respect to these activities.
- Make design ideas tangible for the design team and the wider stakeholder group through storytelling, leading the creation and presentation of experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints, and rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototyping.
- Have experience of directing and participating in every phase of the agile projects and is a true believer of agile project management (as described in the Government Digital Service – Service Manual).
- Work on multiple projects with more than one senior responsible officer, project groups (including service employees, management consultants, business analysts) in order to plan the pre-discovery phase.
- Lead on the co-design of services and demonstrate experience of having followed an iterative route.
- You will know the public sector and police digital market, be well connected in this space, understand how to create digital services, and be capable of designing and launching new digital services.
- Provide leadership and hands-on digital direction to deliver first class customer experiences.
The role holder will have ongoing objectives alongside other specific objectives that will be set from time to time.
- Be an industry expert in policing and police technology, and act as an SME within our industry domain, helping identify trends and enact best practices
- Support and assist in winning new clients through proposal writing and client engagement
- Responsible for managing the relationships with clients across the DigiT practice
- Design, shape and deliver end-end solutions, including IT Strategies and transformation programmes
- Systems and/or business analysis and design
- Customer road-mapping
- Ensure personal billability/business development utilisation is maintained at or above the agreed level with proactive intervention to reduce bench time
- Owns and champions [at strategic level] subject matter leadership for the projects cluster across a number of stakeholder communities – e.g. direct project stakeholders but also other external parties as may be required
What we are looking for
- A strong track record of delivery and experience in a consulting firm (or other relevant public sector experience) as a Programme or Transformation Manager leading and delivering Transformation programmes within a Police and Justice setting
- Extensive technical and project delivery experience as a Transformation Lead, Programme Manager, Director or similar
- You will be an expert in understanding the challenges faced by our clients, and creating credible solutions to help solve immediate and strategic problems
- Track record of working on high value, highly complex, challenging programmes
- Broad understanding of delivery spanning technical detail up to high level strategy
- Ability to operate up to Director, CxO and board level
- Extensive people leadership and strategy experience
- A passion for adding value to clients’ business and embracing change
- A proven ability to think conceptually and to deliver practical results
- Excellent experience of growing, developing and managing large teams and building a people-focussed culture
- You will have a strong client network and will facilitate lasting and added value relationships at a senior level
- Proven track record of leading and delivering digital service design within policing or wider the public sector, translating and leading business requirements into specific system architectures through to design
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels, including the ability to explain technical issues in simple lay terms, responding diplomatically to their needs and managing expectations.
- Proven track record developing compelling and robust commercial propositions, able to communicate effectively with clarity and precision in both written and verbal capacities to generate new business.
- Detailed understanding of programme delivery, leading with high level strategic objectives but encompassing the technical details including requirements analysis, definition and specification process.
- Must be willing and able to travel to client sites, including overnight stays for short periods of time.
- Proven ability to think conceptually and to deliver practical results whilst enabling clients to embrace change.
- You will have exceptional organisational skills, diplomacy, and ability to work in a constantly evolving and demanding environment.
- You will be pro-active, adaptable, and able to work under pressure.
- You will have a passion for business transformation, digital transformation and technology enabled change.
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Police and/or Criminal Justice expertise
What’s in it for you?
We’re based across the UK operating out of various customer sites, with London being our company headquarters. We offer flexible working and a great corporate benefits scheme:
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the Employee Benefits Trust
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy more)
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers with a variety of retail providers through Agilisys “Perks at Work” scheme
Agilisys is an equal opportunities employer, seeking to employ a workforce that reflects and incorporates the talents of our diverse community.
We are committed to building a culture that recognises the value of diversity among our people, and where everyone feels included and valued irrespective and indeed because of their differences. We endeavour to ensure that everyone is treated with fairness, dignity, and respect and that they can perform at their very best.
We are a member of the Digital Inclusion Charter - a public commitment by digital organisations to help more people go digital. In addition, we are a signatory of the Tech Talent Charter, which means that we have made a number of pledges in relation to our approach to recruitment and retention. Our unique employee-owned status also allows our employees to have greater engagement and ownership in ensuring Agilisys is an inclusive organisation.
While we've made some significant progress so far, we know that there is still more to do. We are continuously looking for ways to strengthen our culture of inclusion further and diversify our workforce.