Service Operations Manager
Location Hybrid – North Somerset & Reading
We are a growing employee-owned tech company that offers its employees the opportunity to help transform the lives for millions of people across the UK.
Agilisys is one of the UK’s leading digital technology providers. Since 1998 we have been helping forward thinking organisations to transform services that make a difference to millions of people across the UK.
We’re looking for a Service Operations Manager to join our IT team at Agilisys, working alongside existing service delivery managers to lead the technical delivery of our contractual services, ensuring that it’s best in class and develops the capabilities required for the future.
You will be a proven technical and service Leader and passionate about working both as a team and individually to develop and succeed. It is of key importance that you will be technically savvy to enable you to be that point of escalation for the team, lead incident and problem situations understand technical output and client concerns and understand what good service look like from an operational perspective.
Being commercially focused is always important to us as is the ability to drive continuous improvement with a spotlight on automation.
You will be passionate about IT and Operations and everything that goes with it, but you also be driven by results, customer output and satisfaction.
The successful applicant will be an experienced Technical Operations Manager with experience of providing technical delivery to contractual clients, ideally within an organisation of similar scale and complexity.
Things you’ll be working on:
You will be responsible for the contractual delivery of the technical infrastructure (including cloud) services that underpin the IT services we provided for our client’s. With the support of a team of local IT staff, cloud support and our IT shared services function you will ensure that the IT services are delivered and operated in line with client expectations.
What are we looking for?
- Good Understanding of ITIL Framework and best practice
- Excellent understanding of operating environments and systems
- Able to learn new technologies and work in a technical environment
- Able to follow set processes & procedures and highlight potential improvements
- Able to converse with technical teams to troubleshoot hardware/software/network issues
- Experience of working with a service desk to improve technical capability and output.
- A sound understanding of public sector services and how they operate would be ideal.
- Experience of ensuring technical projects get delivered successfully into IT from an operational perspective.
- Experience of ServiceNow
- A strong understanding and experience from a service perspective to be able to communicate in the following technologies and capabilities:
- Desktop, Laptop, Window 10, SCCM and application packaging
- Mobile technology and management suites
- Core on-premises services; Domain controllers, AD, DNS, DHCP, Certificates, File, Print, Backup, Storage technologies
- Microsoft Server operating systems and products such as M365, Azure, SSO and identity management technologies
- Network technologies e.g., LAN/WAN/Wi-Fi, SD-WAN etc.
- VMWare technologies
- Cloud provider exposure to virtual networks and devices (preferably Azure)
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight timescales with a focus on cost control and security
- Understanding of contractual KPI’s/SLA’s to drive performance and ensure compliance.
- Experience in the development of cross functional relationships with both internal teams and external third parties.
What can you bring to the role?
- Ability to unblock issues with third parties through relationships and escalations thereby minimising negative impacts on delivery.
- A background in technology delivery with previous experience across governance, vendor management and delivery.
- Successful track record of embedding cultural change in a multi-site organisation.
- Proven credibility in influencing others and ability to develop trusted relationships.
- Identifies and acts on opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Sets and accomplishes challenging goals.
- Proven experience of demonstrating and embedding good industry practices and behaviours.
- Ability to quickly understand complex technical requirements/implementations and put forward options to navigate potential blockers.
- Strong project management skills / qualifications ideally with Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Strong industry relationships with product vendors and IT community.
- Excellent organisational skills and time management.
- ITIL service management qualification
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Motivated by challenges & able to work in both a dynamic and results orientated way.
- Mature, structured approach to dealing with difficult situations.
- Calm, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Team player.
- Although remote role be able to travel to contractual sites if required.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive pay
- We are an employee-owned organisation which enables you to have a voice on the growth of Agilisys!
- Flexible working and a flat structure
- Opportunities for on-the-job training
- Benefits such as an excellent pension scheme, 25 days holiday and an employee perk portal for saving on high street stores and wellbeing packages
Agilisys is an equal opportunities employer, seeking to employ a workforce that reflects and incorporates the talents of our diverse community.
We are committed to building a culture that recognises the value of diversity among our people, and where everyone feels included and valued irrespective and indeed because of their differences. We endeavour to ensure that everyone is treated with fairness, dignity, and respect and that they can perform at their very best.
We are a member of the Digital Inclusion Charter - a public commitment by digital organisations to help more people go digital. In addition, we are a signatory of the Tech Talent Charter, which means that we have made a number of pledges in relation to our approach to recruitment and retention. Our unique employee-owned status also allows our employees to have greater engagement and ownership in ensuring Agilisys is an inclusive organisation.
While we've made some significant progress so far, we know that there is still more to do. We are continuously looking for ways to strengthen our culture of inclusion further and diversify our workforce.