Data Architect – Agilisys Data & Insight Practice
We are a brand new special purpose practice on a meteoric ascent; we are on a mission to redefine and reinvigorate the application of data and insights in the public sector. We design and build platforms at the cutting edge of data and insight technology, with toolsets, processes and practices limited only by imagination.
You are a passionate data architect with significant data engineering expertise and experience spanning cloud and hybrid data domains. You have a proven track record of designing and critically, building end-to-end data platforms in MS Azure technology stack.
See a match here? Read on…
We are the “Data and Insights” team in Agilisys, an all-new specialist practice on a meteoric rise. You will be part of this team, responsible for helping define, architect, implement and operationalise a range of platform offerings (a set of cutting edge PaaS Data Warehouse and Analytics solutions) built on Azure and other technology foundations.
We are passionate about helping our clients to deliver a step change in how they tackle their data > insight > decision > action > learning value chain.
As a hands-on Data Architect, you will be part of a team responsible for building enterprise-grade Data Warehouse and Analytics solutions that aggregate data across diverse sources and data types including text, video and audio through to live stream and IoT in an agile project delivery environment with a focus on DataOps and Data Observability. You will work with Azure SQL Databases, Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Factory, Azure Datalake Gen2, Azure Databricks, Azure Machine Learning, Azure Service Bus, Azure Serverless (LogicApps, FunctionApps), Azure Data Catalogue and Purview among other tools, gaining opportunities to learn some of the most advanced and innovative techniques in the cloud data space.
You will be building Power BI based analytics solutions to provide actionable insights into customer data, and to measure operational efficiencies and other key business performance metrics.
You will be involved in the development, build, deployment, and testing of customer solutions, with responsibility for the design, implementation and documentation of the technical aspects, including integration to ensure the solution meets customer requirements. You will be working closely with fellow architects, engineers, analysts, and team leads and project managers to plan, build and roll out data driven solutions
- Proven expertise in developing data solutions with Azure SQL Server and Azure SQL Data Warehouse (now Synapse Analytics)
- Demonstrated expertise of data modelling and data warehouse methodologies and best practices.
- Ability to write efficient data pipelines for ETL using Azure Data Factory or equivalent tools.
- Integration of data feeds utilising both structured (ex XML/JSON) and flat schemas (ex CSV,TXT,XLSX) across a wide range of electronic delivery mechanisms (API/SFTP/etc )
- Azure DevOps knowledge essential for CI/CD of data ingestion pipelines and integrations.
- Expertise in creating technical and Architecture documentation (ex: HLD/LLD) is a must.
- Proven ability to rapidly analyse and design solution architecture in client proposals is an added advantage.
- Expertise with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, NoSQL databases, stream-processing systems is a plus.
- 3 or more years of hands-on experience in a data architect role with the development of ingestion, integration, data auditing, reporting, and testing with Azure SQL tech stack.
- full data and analytics project lifecycle experience (including costing and cost management of data solutions) in Azure PaaS environment is essential.
- Microsoft Azure and Data Certifications, at least fundamentals, are a must.
- Experience using agile development methodologies, version control systems and repositories is a must.
- A good, applied understanding of the end-to-end data process development life cycle.
- A good working knowledge of data warehouse methodology using Azure SQL.
- A good working knowledge of the Azure platform, it’s components, and the ability to leverage it’s resources to implement solutions is a must.
- Experience working in the Public sector or in an organisation servicing Public sector is a must,
- Ability to work to demanding deadlines, keep momentum and deal with conflicting priorities in an environment undergoing a programme of transformational change.
- The ability to contribute and adhere to standards, have excellent attention to detail and be strongly driven by quality.
- Experience with AWS or google cloud platforms will be an added advantage.
- Experience with Azure ML services will be an added advantage
- Articulated and clear in communications to mixed audiences- in writing, through presentations and one-to-one.
- Ability to present highly technical concepts and ideas in a business-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Calm and adaptable in the face of ambiguity and in a fast-paced, quick-changing environment
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment as well as working independently.
- Comfortable with multi project multi-tasking consulting Data Architect lifestyle
- Excellent interpersonal skills with teams and building trust with clients
- Ability to support and work with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- A passion for achieving business transformation; the ability to energise and excite those you work with Initiative; the ability to work flexibly in a team, working comfortably without direct supervision.