Our Cloud team is growing and sits at the heart of how Agilisys is seeking to become the “Technology Partner of Choice for the UK Public Sector.” We are looking for an individual that advocates for Agilisys’ cloud services with clients, and who embodies the core Agilisys values of Partnership, Integrity, Innovation and Passion.
How will you spend your days?
The Cloud Delivery Engineer is responsible for effective incident, problem, change and asset management of the Cloud Infrastructure Services at Agilisys.
The Cloud Infrastructure service includes our own Agilisys Private Cloud product offering which covers IaaS / BaaS and creation and management of environments within public clouds Azure/AWS.
The role includes 24x7 support via an on-call rota arrangement.
The role encourages involvement in the evolution of the platform through DevOps and tooling to automate routine processes.
Reporting to the Cloud Delivery Manager, your role will include the following tasks:
The role consists of the following functions:
- Server provision (physical and virtual), virtual server resource changes and server decommissions as per customer request within the SLA.
- Automation of routine operations with a view to enhancing the self-service interfaces to allow operations to be performed by our customers.
- Monitoring counters and thresholds should be effective to manage the environments and avoid major incidents.
- All environments are backed up daily and the BaaS offering will be maintained to have 100% coverage and success with agreed exceptions.
- All management and customer systems are to be protected by up-to-date AV software, managed at 100% coverage with agreed exceptions.
- All in-scope systems will have a defined patching policy with 100% coverage and success according to the previous patching cycle.
- Capacity management processes will be in place to trigger new hardware requests and avoid incidents where capacity has been exceeded.
- Ensure service requests are completed according to the SLA of each category.
- Participate in on-call rotation to cover incident management between the hours of 8pm and 6am.
- Security cleared to MV/SC level.
How will you stand out?
- Public cloud administration, Azure and/or AWS
- Virtualisation experience, VMWare vCenter/ESXi 6.0+
- Windows Server 2012-2019
- Windows Domain admin (WSUS, DNS, AD)
- SAN storage
- Certification in a virtualisation technology (Vmware/HyperV) or public cloud (Azure/AWS)
Experience with the following technologies are highly desirable:
- Azure Monitor, Lighthouse, Firewall, Gateway, ASR, NSG
- vRealize Automation
- Vmware NSX Virtual routers
- Squid, DataDog or Splunk applications
- Dell HCI Hardware
- Powershell, Python or similar.
Knowledge of the following technologies are beneficial:
- Enterprise AV (ESET)
- Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) / Spectrum Protect
- Linux / Solaris system administration
- Oracle Hypervisor (OVM)
- Juniper Firewalls
What’s in it for you?
We’re based across the UK operating out of various customer sites, with London being our company headquarters. We offer flexible working and a great corporate benefits scheme:
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the Employee Benefits Trust
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy more)
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers with a variety of retail providers through Agilisys “Perks at Work” scheme
Agilisys is an equal opportunities employer, seeking to employ a workforce that reflects and incorporates the talents of our diverse community.
We are committed to building a culture that recognises the value of diversity among our people, and where everyone feels included and valued irrespective and indeed because of their differences. We endeavor to ensure that everyone is treated with fairness, dignity, and respect and that they can perform at their very best.
We are a member of the Digital Inclusion Charter - a public commitment by digital organisations to help more people go digital. In addition, we are a signatory of the Tech Talent Charter, which means that we have made a number of pledges in relation to our approach to recruitment and retention. Our unique employee-owned status also allows our employees to have greater engagement and ownership in ensuring Agilisys is an inclusive organisation.