An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Desktop Manager to join our team in Bolton.
As the Desktop Manager, you will be responsible for leading, motivating and mentoring a team of IT Engineers to deliver a reliable, highly available service to support a wide range of customers. Providing high level guidance on technical issues and project delivery, the role will involve day to day management of the team; allocating work, as well as ensuring KPI's and SLA’s are met by delivering results.
You will be motivated by success and have demonstrable experience of inspiring and leading a team. You will thrive in taking responsibility over difficult situations and able to form resolutions in a structured and systematic way.
A full, clean driving license is essential.
- Managing a team of ten engineers, conducting performance reviews, 121s and day to day management.
- Ensure that incidents raised within the team are dealt with in a timely manner and escalated appropriately.
- Proactive approach to all aspects of service delivery.
- Prioritise tasks and projects to meet business and customer requirements.
- Ensure that change control processes are followed within the team.
- Managing a large estate of devices including effective vulnerability management
- Managing and developing relationships with Clients and key Third-Party suppliers
- Developing and delivering the IT strategy
- Solutions design to meet new customer requirements or technology releases
Skills and experience
- Experience of managing a team of engineers.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft 365 products, Windows 10 (and Server 2016/19)
- Excellent knowledge of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure preferably VMware Horizon
- Endpoint management tools, SCCM and Intune
- Excellent communication skills – verbal & written
- Supporting the delivery of cloud technologies to the end user.
- Understanding of Service Management as described by ITIL
- Good time management and planning skills - ability to manage a large and varied workload for yourself and others.
- A proven track record of delivering work to deadlines
- Hardware and educational software support – PCs, printers, projectors…
- Networking fundamentals
- Information sharing solutions (SharePoint driven Virtual Learning Environment)
What’s in it for you?
We’re based across the UK operating out of various customer sites, with London being our company headquarters. We offer flexible working and a great corporate benefits scheme:
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the Employee Benefits Trust
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy more)
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers with a variety of retail providers through Agilisys “Perks at Work” scheme
Agilisys is an equal opportunities employer, seeking to employ a workforce that reflects and incorporates the talents of our diverse community.
We are committed to building a culture that recognises the value of diversity among our people, and where everyone feels included and valued irrespective and indeed because of their differences. We endeavor to ensure that everyone is treated with fairness, dignity, and respect and that they can perform at their very best.
We are a member of the Digital Inclusion Charter - a public commitment by digital organisations to help more people go digital. In addition, we are a signatory of the Tech Talent Charter, which means that we have made a number of pledges in relation to our approach to recruitment and retention. Our unique employee-owned status also allows our employees to have greater engagement and ownership in ensuring Agilisys is an inclusive organisation.
While we've made some great progress so far, we know that there is still more to do. We are continuously looking for ways to further strengthen our culture of inclusion and diversify our workforce.