We are looking for an ambitious Data Governance Analyst to join our team to support us in delivering information assurance and data governance.
This exciting opportunity will see you working within the Information Security and Data Governance team and would suit a strategically minded professional, ready to make an impact in their next appointment. As an expert in your area, you will work closely with other specialists to develop, review and refine our data governance programme.
Experience consulting with clients and internal stakeholders is essential, and this position would suit someone who enjoys working within a fast-paced and varied environment.
The role will have ownership of ensuring that all information assets comply with industry good practice and relevant legislation.
Experience within the public sector including central and local government, healthcare, and blue light services would be advantageous.
How you will spend your days?
- Supporting the Head of Legal and Head of Information Security and the designated DPO by developing and managing a data protection program that is aligned with Agilisys’ strategic objectives, technology roadmap and legal and regulatory compliance framework
- Advising Agilisys on how to comply with the GDPR and other relevant data protection laws
- Maintaining the organisation’s data protection policies, procedures, and standards
- Monitoring compliance with the GDPR and other data protection laws, and with the organisation’s data protection polices, including managing internal data protection activities, raising awareness of data protection issues, training staff and conducting internal audits
- Ensuring that business and technology owners consider data protection obligations when designing/implementing new business processes and services or changing existing ones
- Maintaining the organisation’s data asset register, ensuing that is it complete, fit for purpose and is reviewed on a scheduled basis
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating content for customer and supplier agreements to ensure GDPR compliance
How to stand out?
- Customer focused and influential, with a high desire to drive results
- Demonstratable written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Collaborative with the ability to explain regulatory requirements and obligations to colleagues of all levels of experience
- experience of pragmatic application of GDPR principles
- Strong experience working with a data governance framework aligned to the DPA and GDPR
- Proficient with data subject rights (especially Right to Erasure, Right to Restrict Processing, Data Subject Access Requests) and how to adhere to them in related business processes
- Substantial experience in a data governance/data protection role, ideally in Local Government, and Health Sectors
- Experience in developing, documenting, and maintaining data governance policies, processes, and standards and implementation of associated business processes
- Experience and strong understanding of the lawful basis for processing of personal data and how this impacts operational processes
What's in it for you?
Agilisys is an employee owned organisation that delivers success through innovation, working with public sector partners to help them transform services that make a real difference to millions of people across the UK.
At Agilisys, we are passionate about people who are passionate about technology and digital disruption. We pride ourselves on our integrity towards our colleagues and our clients and strive to be the transformation and operating partner of choice to the public sector.
We are collaborative in the way we work, and our agile and dynamic environment poses a number of opportunities for exposure to new technologies and ways of working. As an Employee Owned business, our people are our main asset, and everyone has a real say in the direction that the business is heading.
As a valued employee owner, you will be entitled to receive the below corporate benefits:
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the EBT
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers with a variety of retail providers through Agilisys “Perks at Work” scheme
Agilisys operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.