To assist with the provision of a Community Alarm Service for service users in North Somerset who are vulnerable and who have disabilities through installing telecare equipment and providing advice and possibly referral for further assistance as appropriate.
Service is currently provided to around 2800 residents in North Somerset. A minimum of 25 installations are anticipated to be undertaken per week in addition to the removal, repair or the replacement equipment as required, but this is likely to increase.
- Install and test dispersed alarm units and other telecare environmental devices in service users’ homes and carry out minor repairs (e.g, change batteries, check power supply etc.), modifications or removals as necessary.
- Attend service users in their own homes in the event that changes, modifications or removals to the equipment become necessary and complete referral forms as appropriate for assessments to access other services.
- Carry out promptly and efficiently all clerical and administrative procedures associated with the installation of alarm units, particularly in respect of authorisations and other associated documentation completed by service users.
- Ensure that all service user records are accurately maintained and promptly updated on the computer database.
- Promote Carelink as a service and make service users aware of the full range of equipment that is available through North Somerset Council to support independent living.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post
- Be aware of and understand the Equality Policy
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety legislation and associated codes of practice and policy
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent qualification in literacy and numeracy
- Experience working without close supervision in different settings including customers’ homes.
- Experience of practicing good customer care skills,
- Understanding of the services provided within social care for vulnerable, disabled or elderly adults to support independent living. Knowledge of the Carelink Community Alarm service, telecare environmental equipment, telehealth initiatives.
- Ability to think broadly about care in the home
- Practical skills in simple installation and testing equipment
- Good customer care skills
- Empathy with service users
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise work
- Ability to work independently
- Valid driving licence
- Satisfactory enhanced DBS certificate (relevant applications and checks will be carried out before any job offer is made.