At Agilisys, not only is the nature of the work we do important, but everyone has an important role to play, from supporting private sector organisations to managing complex public services. We are a team of 1500 people responsible for delivering essential IT Services around the UK in areas including the NHS, Local government, large private sector organisations and more.
We are innovators and integrators, committed to Continual Service Improvement for the benefit of everyone.
Job Title: IT Service Continuity Manager
Base location: Rochdale, Greater Manchester or London
There may on occasion be an element of travel within the UK and overnight stays can be expected.
Responsible to: Head of Service Management
Accountable to: Head of Service Management
Job Summary & main responsibilities- IT Service Continuity Manager
The post is responsible for the following key areas:
- To co-ordinate the planning, design, testing and maintenance of IT recovery plans for Corporate sites, ensuring plans are understood by IT staff.
- Liaise with business areas to identify key business processes and assess risks to availability, integrity and confidentiality of those systems.
- To monitor infrastructure capacity and initiate actions to resolve any shortfalls according to agreed procedures
- Review information systems to identify any capacity issues and specifies any required changes.
- To analyse service and component availability, reliability, and maintainability. Ensure that services and components meet and continue to meet their agreed performance targets and service levels, including investigating breaches of availability targets and service non-availability, and instigating remedial action.
- Working with the IT Risk & CSI manager ensure that the Risk register for IT Services is reviewed and updated monthly. Identifies potential risk events, quantifying and documenting the probability of occurrence and impact on the business. Coordinates the development of countermeasures and contingency plans.
- Undertake project participation as required. Agree activity time scales and inform line management of progress and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Respond to calls raised with the IT Service Desk where appropriate, ensuring all users receive assistance in a helpful, timely manner. Ensure resolution of calls are recorded to assist other IT staff in resolution of similar calls. Assign calls to other IT staff as necessary.
How will you stand out?
- Good knowledge of Microsoft technologies and products.
- Understanding of capability and availability management and associated measurement tools and techniques.
- Experience of undertaking system risk assessments and identification of countermeasures. Experience in testing IT contingency plans.
Leadership and Change Management
- Actively seeks opportunities to contribute as a team member.
- Prioritises own work to ensure objectives are met.
- Ensures own active involvement in generating team ideas and innovation.
- Shows self-awareness in actions.
- Actively participate in training and annual review processes.
- Ensure the quality of work and documentation is of a professional standard that reflects highly upon the business and teams.
- Assist in the development of Junior team members and other team resources as required.
IT Service Provision Operation
- Operation -Assists in the investigation and resolution of incidents; proposes and reviews maintenance procedures.
- Operation -Demonstrates a good level of awareness of service level targets by organising own work to meet agreed service levels.
- Operation -Maintains risk register and IT recovery plans.
- User Support -Demonstrates a good understanding of IT Services procedures when receiving and handling requests for support and knows when to seek advice.
Consultancy and Advice
- Demonstrates effective communication of availability, capacity and IT risk identification and mitigation issues to business managers, IT staff and others.
- Displays confidence when dealing with stakeholders and users of the IT systems.
- Demonstrates the ability to discuss and clarify user requirements on a regular basis.
What's in it for you?
Agilisys is an employee owned organisation that delivers success through innovation, working with public sector partners to help them transform services that make a real difference to millions of people across the UK.
At Agilisys, we are passionate about people who are passionate about technology and digital disruption. We pride ourselves on our integrity towards our colleagues and our clients and strive to be the transformation and operating partner of choice to the public sector.
We are collaborative in the way we work, and our agile and dynamic environment poses a number of opportunities for exposure to new technologies and ways of working. As an Employee Owned business, our people are our main asset, and everyone has a real say in the direction that the business is heading.
As a valued employee owner, you will be entitled to receive the below corporate benefits:
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the EBT
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers with a variety of retail providers through Agilisys “Perks at Work” scheme
Agilisys operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.