How will you spend your days?
Reporting into Systems Manager, this technical role will play an integral part in ensuring the stability and efficient operation of our client’s IT environment and requirements. You will have the opportunity to undertake complex technical work on infrastructure and systems on a BAU basis, as well as being involved with the implementation of new projects and technologies.
Working as part of a team, you will be responsible for dealing with day to day 2nd and 3rd line queries. You will be assisting the departmental manager on all new projects involving implementation of solutions across the Agilisys group of companies.
This role undertakes significant and complex technical work on ICT infrastructure and systems in support of operational requirements as well as in the implementation of new projects and technologies including: design, develop, test and deploy new technologies, ensuring projects are delivered on time
- Support Windows Server (2008 – 2019) Operating Systems with all their roles
- Manage and troubleshoot Exchange (2010-2016, 365), BES, Enterprise Vault and their associated software
- Support Azure solutions
- Monitor existing systems to ensure structural integrity
- Install and configure operating systems and other software
- Participate in CAB meetings and in the overall change management process
- Able to provide out of hours service
- Ensuring that routine maintenance and processes are reviewed, maintained and complete
- Prioritise and respond to Service Desk Incidents, Service Requests and Changes
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping and processes
- Contribute to IT service improvement
How to stand out?
- Be aware of Service Level targets and monitor performance against them.
- Maintain the accuracy of the Knowledgebase by updating existing articles and contributing new documentation where appropriate.
- Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems
- Excellent knowledge of Active directory and Microsoft Exchange
- Working knowledge of Citrix Xenapp
- Good knowledge of cloud SaaS solutions
- Good knowledge of AV solutions
- Good knowledge of monitoring solutions
- Good knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems
- Good working knowledge of up to date desktop and server applications
- Knowledge of forward and reverse proxy solutions.
- Knowledge of IT security (patching and vulnerability management)
- Good knowledge of network protocols
- Identify and document potential service improvements with Service Desk, in accordance with ITIL best practice
What's in it for you?
Agilisys is an employee owned organisation that delivers success through innovation, working with public sector partners to help them transform services that make a real difference to millions of people across the UK.
At Agilisys, we are passionate about people who are passionate about technology and digital disruption. We pride ourselves on our integrity towards our colleagues and our clients and strive to be the transformation and operating partner of choice to the public sector.
We are collaborative in the way we work, and our agile and dynamic environment poses a number of opportunities for exposure to new technologies and ways of working. As an Employee Owned business, our people are our main asset, and everyone has a real say in the direction that the business is heading.
As a valued employee owner, you will be entitled to receive the below corporate benefits:
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the EBT
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers with a variety of retail providers through Agilisys “Perks at Work” scheme
Agilisys operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.