Our purpose at Agilisys is to deliver success through innovation, working with our customers to transform services that make a difference to millions of people across the UK. We do this by driving our entrepreneurial nature and developing solutions to meet our customers' evolving needs.
We are seeking a Security Architect to join our Managed Services team, this will be based in either our Bolton or Rochdale offices, and home/flexible working options are available. Travel across the UK is expected as this is a customer facing role providing customer consultancy, external as well as internal.
How will you spend your days?
- Lead security architect undertakes complex work of a high risk level, often working on several projects. In this role, you will:
- Interact with senior stakeholders across departments
- Reach and influence a wide range of people across larger teams and communities
- Research and apply innovative security architecture solutions to new or existing problems and be able to justify and communicate design decisions
- Develop vision, principles and strategy for security architects for one project or technology
- Work out subtle security needs
- Understand the impact of decisions, balancing requirements and deciding between approaches
- Produce particular patterns and support quality assurance
- Be the point of escalation for Security Analysts and Managers
- Lead the technical design of systems and services
How will you stand out?
This is a technical Information Security role and you will have a comprehensive understanding of security threats, technologies, legislative and regulatory standards, industry frameworks and best practices. Experience within local government would be advantageous.
Desirable skills and experience
- Customer focused and influential, with a high desire to drive results
- Ideally have one or more of the following qualifications, CISSP, ISSAP CNDA, GDSA, CASP+, CEH, CCSP, MCSE, CREST, OSCP, CHECK, CCP, CRTSA,
- Ideally, knowledge of Information Security Management within Local Government, a Government department or large organisation in particular working with protectively marked data (GPMS and/or GSC)
- Information risk management and compliance, including technical security risk assessment and treatment
- A sound understanding of British and International Security Standards (e.g. CIS security benchmarks, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002, NIST, CSC20, PCI-DSS, OWASP Top 10) relevant UK and EU privacy legislation (especially Data Protection Act 1988 and EU GDPR) and the UK regulatory environment (e.g. ICO, FCA, PRA and CQC).Experience in HMG Information Assurance requirements and Security Policy Framework
- A sound understanding of threat modelling concepts (e.g. Mitre Att&ck framework) and risk management.
- Change management experience for both Information Security and business impacting Information Security Change.
- Experience in the practical application of CESG and/or NCSC guidance
- Experience with technologies such as: AWS, Microsoft Azure and Office 365, SIEM, IPS/IDS, WAF, DLP, IAM,
- Role-based authorisation methodologies, authentication technologies and security attack pathologies.
- The use of reference Cloud architectures and adapting them for enterprise use cases.
- In depth knowledge of understanding of Cloud service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and supporting technologies.
What’s in it for you?
Mentorship from a team of security experts within Agilisys and operating within a wide range of technologies, this role will give you exposure to the design and implementation of a new security solution.
We also offer flexible working and a great corporate benefits scheme:
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the EBT
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers with a variety of retail providers through Agilisys “Perks at Work” scheme
Agilisys operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.